Can anyone give me a hint on Jail?

I’m seriously stumped on Jail. Without giving anything away, I can run commands as “nobody” but can’t see anything standing out to get me further. Can anyone provide a hint? Have I gone down a rabbit hole?

Ok figured it out… It was actually really obvious, turns out I was overthinking it.

im stuck with nobody

Don’t overthink it, it’s actually super obvious… Priv esc to root though is fairly straightforward from what I gathered so far but I’m stumped lol… I know what to do I just can’t figure out what that certain text is… Anyone got any hints for decoding it?

Ok, yeah, again so obvious lol… Nevermind :open_mouth:

@blobbo said:
Ok figured it out… It was actually really obvious, turns out I was overthinking it.

can you give a hint?:slight_smile:

For priv esc? Literally don’t overthink it, just try some obvious stuff.

For nobody part, it’s hard to give a hint without a massive spoiler. I think I can safely say google how Linux does nfs shares and what sort of things can be done with them from both ends.

@blobbo said:
For nobody part, it’s hard to give a hint without a massive spoiler. I think I can safely say google how Linux does nfs shares and what sort of things can be done with them from both ends.

Thanks, i’ll trying!

i got user and more, priv esc now, tough

is there anyone who can give me the right direction to root aside the ‘obvious’ things i cant’ see?

@paciock said:
is there anyone who can give me the right direction to root aside the ‘obvious’ things i cant’ see?

same situation here, stuck with frank. i didn’t find anything ‘obvious’ on this machine so far.
hints are appreciated!

As a user, what would you do to see what elevated commands are available?

@blobbo said:

i know that but u cant just do sudo su.

@paciock said:

@blobbo said:

Is that the only way to use sudo? :open_mouth:

any hint for using the key? I know it’s valid but it’s… public.

@blobbo said:

@paciock said:

@blobbo said:

Is that the only way to use sudo? :open_mouth:

maybe some flag … or something … :expressionless:

finally i passed this step, not so obvious for me, now last step, have to find a little information about the user…

Keep going!! :slight_smile:

i got it at last!!! f**k jail! I learned some new things :+1: :slight_smile: