Broken_Authentication

So far I have two areas that I could use some help with. The questions on Predictable Reset Token section is the first one. I did post a question to another thread regarding this but have not got any response as of yet. Basically I am not sure I am doing the epoch time portion correctly…

My other question is on the guessable answers section. I was able to guess the answer but I would like to understand how to run the python script referenced as well (it is used later in the module as well). I dont understand how to point the python script at my wordlists. Any help would be great! Thank you.

2 Likes

what wordlist do you use to get the answer???

for which part?

on guesseable answer

I never found one. I guessed the answer…

really??? there exist a lot of boxes, can you give me a hint?

sure, the one I figured out was the color. If you want a hint on the color I can do that but it will give it away I’m sure.

thanks, one last question the excersise of reset token in predictable reset token “Request a reset token for htbuser and find the encoding algorithm, then request a reset token for htbadmin to force a password change and forge a valid temp password to login. What is the flag?” i can find the htbuser reset token but i cant figurate how i can get the htbadmin

Yes, I support it, it would be great if someone gave a hint for these two tasks.

• How to forge a valid temporary login password for htbadmin
  • How would I configure the predictable_questions_py script so that it would sort out the question options for htbadmin

I managed to guess the color in the “Guessable Answers” task, but I really want to understand how the script works.
How to adapt the script that was given as an example in that task.
(https://academy.hackthebox.com/storage/modules/80/scripts/predictable_questions_py.txt)
Who completed the task using a script and not guessing the answer to the question?

About predictable questions, I completed the task with my own scripts. I just cycled for the HTB Boxes machines. Scaping the HTB site, I got my wordlist of known and predictable answers. Hope this could help.

For the epoch time, I got some problems with the datetime displayed. Because I didn’t get either the htbuser token into a small timeshift, I figured out that something could be messing with the time.
Then I got the hash. Find the right time locally for the htbuser and then use it as the base time for the online tests… Hope this would help.