Banned???

You have been Banned
Banned By: HTB-Bot
Banned Until: 23/05/20 14:17:58 UTC
Reason: Suspicious behaviour - contact bans@hackthebox.eu - Ban ID: 5ea179665c7e6

Can anyone explain

Did you try anything “naughty” like e.g. (but not limited to): testing the website/forum for SQLi, XSS, etc?

As u owned 8 machines within 1 or 2 hours u r probably jsut copy and pasting flags which is not supported by HTB and therefore resulted in a ban.

hmm… yes I did copy flags… But they were all from my own stash… i.e. I owned them but didn’t upload them. I found htbcli and used it to catch back up. I had no clue that was not allowed.

What is my recourse?

Reason: Suspicious behaviour - contact bans@hackthebox.eu - Ban ID: 5ea179665c7e6

The solution is in there i guess

@doorway87373 said:

hmm… yes I did copy flags… But they were all from my own stash… i.e. I owned them but didn’t upload them. I found htbcli and used it to catch back up. I had no clue that was not allowed.

In the first instance, it might have helped if you had read: Integrity of Hack The Box - News - Hack The Box :: Forums

But, crucially, look at it from HTB’s perspective. You’ve had an account for over 200 days but your first flag submission was a day ago when you submitted a shedload of flags almost all at once.

There is no way that doesn’t look suspicious.

All is good now. I see the issue about not submitting historical flags. Noted :wink:

awesome dude, you revealed their bot, let’s trick that b0t Kappa