ARECHTYPE mysqlclient issue

I need some help.

I am having issues with something similar.

/usr/bin/impacket-mssqlclient ARCHETYPE\sql_svc:M3g4c0rp123@10.10.10.27 -windows-auth

I get this.

└─$ /usr/bin/impacket-mssqlclient ARCHETYPE\sql_svc:M3g4c0rp123@10.10.10.27 -windows-auth
Impacket v0.9.22 - Copyright 2020 SecureAuth Corporation

[*] Encryption required, switching to TLS
[-] ERROR(ARCHETYPE): Line 1: Login failed for user ‘ARCHETYPE\Guest’.

hi there! did you manage to figure it out? I’m having the same problem.

Sorry, but no I have not currently. What was the name of the box again? I will try it out again and see, I have just moved on to other machines.

I do not even see the box under the retired list anymore

Hi there, small tips, do not directly call impacket-mssqlclient, but python3 /usr/share/doc/python3-impacket/examples/mssqlclient.py and use / instead of \

sd

Hi there. So, I had the same problem, but was able to get past it. Something good to think about going forward when doing things like this: Linux nearly always will require you to escape special characters in a command. In this case, you were trying this: /usr/bin/impacket-mssqlclient ARCHETYPE\sql_svc:M3g4c0rp123@10.10.10.27 -windows-auth But what you should do is escape the '' after ARCHETYPE with a ‘/’. So, it would look something like this (which works for me): impacket-mssqlclient ARCHETYPE/\sql_svc:M3g4c0rp123@10.10.10.27 -windows-auth Notice the /. I figured this out because it was saying that it was trying to login as user guest, but I was specifying the user as sql_svc, so I knew immediately something was wrong there. The / cleared the issue immediately. Also, just in case you weren’t aware, you aren’t wrong to explicitly call impacket-mssqlclient from /usr/bin. In a lot of cases it’s safer to do it that way, but in this case for me at least /usr/bin is in PATH, so I didn’t need to directly specify. Hope this helps!!!

Been able to find the archetype machine on the retired list are you seeing the same thing.