Academy Skills Assessment - LFI help

Hello, guys.

I would really love a help on Skills Assessment - File Inclusion/Directory Traversal academy exercise.

I have tried almost every technique, but nothing seems to be working for me, so I can not find the exact technique needed for the vulnerability, so I can access root.

Any help? Thanks

Hi Jotunr,
did you pay attention to the page when doing your test? I think you could do the tests again carefully to have an idea of how the website has been designed for the purpose of LFI.
try “Source Code Disclosure via PHP Wrappers” we learned in the course and maybe you will find some interesting things …

@jotunr did you make it to the other end of this one? just a bit hung up on it as well…

@KptnKmer in your reference to the the tools for fuzzing or the wrappers themselves? ive looked at the source for the index.php and i cant see anything that stands out. is there another hint you may be able to drop?

Type your comment> @KptnKmer said:

Hi Jotunr,
did you pay attention to the page when doing your test? I think you could do the tests again carefully to have an idea of how the website has been designed for the purpose of LFI.
try “Source Code Disclosure via PHP Wrappers” we learned in the course and maybe you will find some interesting things …

I got the index.php source, its send you to different pages depending on parameter value and if value is acceptable its appending .php, how can we bypass since its php5.5+ we cant use null byte. Stuck here.

Any help would be appreciated

The same problem…

look at the source code carefully, maybe line by line, you could find other way out

Type your comment> @KptnKmer said:

Hi Jotunr,
did you pay attention to the page when doing your test? I think you could do the tests again carefully to have an idea of how the website has been designed for the purpose of LFI.
try “Source Code Disclosure via PHP Wrappers” we learned in the course and maybe you will find some interesting things …

Hi @KptnKmer, thank you for your comment. I followed this instruction and solved the question in a shot.
For those who still looking for solution, pay more attention at index.php file and you guys will find something interesting.

I’m struggling here too

Hi folks,

struggling here too. I got the source code from index.php with the last few lines showing the php-code. I realize that entering some not allowed inputs redirects you to the error page. Also found the admin-panel but it seems useless (isn’t it?).

But i can’t figure out how to make my way to the root (/) directory. Any further clue that doesn’t directly solve this thing?

Thx

@3xpl0r3r said:

Hi folks,

struggling here too. I got the source code from index.php with the last few lines showing the php-code. I realize that entering some not allowed inputs redirects you to the error page.

This might not help you here.

Also found the admin-panel but it seems useless (isn’t it?).

It is useful.

But i can’t figure out how to make my way to the root (/) directory. Any further clue that doesn’t directly solve this thing?

Look carefully at what is sent when various things take place. If you tamper with something, does it change what the thing can do?

@TazWake said:

It is useful.

Good hint! Thought that would be a trap!

Look carefully at what is sent when various things take place. If you tamper with something, does it change what the thing can do?

I tried different php-wrappers (obviously wrong) an got nothing on the screen :neutral: Still struggle with this thing. Could you give some further “intial” kickstart?

Nevertheless thanks so far!

Type your comment> @3xpl0r3r said:

@TazWake said:

It is useful.

Good hint! Thought that would be a trap!

Look carefully at what is sent when various things take place. If you tamper with something, does it change what the thing can do?

I tried different php-wrappers (obviously wrong) an got nothing on the screen :neutral: Still struggle with this thing. Could you give some further “intial” kickstart?

Nevertheless thanks so far!

My mistake - I thought this was a question about the HTB Box Academy, not the Academy LFI.

Can anyone PM with help on this? I think I have a few ideas but dont want to spoil.

Is “Source Code Disclosure via PHP Wrappers” in a different module as I can’t find any reference to this within the different sections?

Sorry that’s not true, I’ve found it couldn’t see the wood for the trees!

Hi folks!
I’m struggling here. I’m stuck in the index.php page and I tried many PHP Wrappers but got nothing on the screen.
Any hint?

Thanks!

EDIT: I wasn’t thinking out of the box! Done :smile:

Hello everyone,
I have been staring at the screen for days trying to figure this out. I have have successfully located the admin panel. But I cant figure out how to get to root. Someone help me please my brain is hurting.

Update: just finished. that was lit!

@thenevvin can u plz give me a hint
2 days…still at index.php page tried bruteforce to discover content but nothing found

@haCkdoT said:

@thenevvin can u plz give me a hint
2 days…still at index.php page tried bruteforce to discover content but nothing found

Look closely at what happens when you create an account. Tamper with it on a new account and see what changes.

Why is there such an uninformative discussion here? It all comes down to “I’ve solved it” or " look carefully." I look carefully for the second day, tried everything I could from the training section and did not get any result. What should I pay attention to?