3-Star Machines?

Hi guys I’m new to the platform: I’ve completed 3 boxes all with rating greater than 4.5 stars and they are real nice. I intend to do more live boxes, but some have scary low ratings like 3-ish 2-ish. I wish to know what’s the reason, common or not, behind that?

(As I’m not yet a “think out of the box” person, I may end up spend weeks struggling on what wizards would enjoy, while that time could be used to solidify fundamentals.)

Appreciate helps! Will check out PM also! (And this formal style of writing is hurting me :>)

(ok i see due to my avatar this thread may look like offical ones, sorry! didn’t mean to)
(i just dont have any artistic gifts, always not satisfied with the pictures i find and finally go mehh and draw the htb logo lol)
(and it’s cute)

@bitn4b said:

Hi guys I’m new to the platform: I’ve completed 3 boxes all with rating greater than 4.5 stars and they are real nice. I intend to do more live boxes, but some have scary low ratings like 3-ish 2-ish. I wish to know what’s the reason, common or not, behind that?

The ratings are very arbitrary. Low ratings don’t always mean a box is bad.

@TazWake said:
ahh im not questioning whether those boexes are bad, i just want to know why they are different, like in what ways are they different from say a 4.5, i mean ppl can’t out of nowhere decide hmm imma give it a 3 star feedback right?

sure agree one person may never know how other ppl are rating, i guess im asking those who have given a box a 3 or 2 to come here and write down their reasons

a. bit. unrealistic. goal. huh

@bitn4b said:

@TazWake said:
ahh im not questioning whether those boexes are bad, i just want to know why they are different, like in what ways are they different from say a 4.5, i mean ppl can’t out of nowhere decide hmm imma give it a 3 star feedback right?

Well, yes they can. They can decide it for any reason. Sometimes boxes have had low ratings because there was an unintended, unpatched path to root and people though it was too easy.

Sometimes its a low rating because people don’t like the steps to get root.

Sometimes it is just trolling.

I’ve never found any consistency in the ratings.

sure agree one person may never know how other ppl are rating, i guess im asking those who have given a box a 3 or 2 to come here and write down their reasons

a. bit. unrealistic. goal. huh

Possibly…

@TazWake said:
Possibly…
¯\(ツ)