Valentine

got the user flag. after 2 days still no root, pm me pls.

solved. Easy root, enumerate.

wow, solved. This box literally tells you everything you need.

It took me several hours to find the username. Now I finally got it. Hint for anyone else: You will see the username at some point. No need to search Wikipedia (like me), bruteforce or doing something else.

Load key invalid format error. Could someone point me in the right direction

small tip for people stuck: recommend running the exploit multiple times & saving the output to a file, then parse the results later.

Stuck on RSA with matching pass, cannot manage to login without userā€™s passowrdā€¦
Did i missed something? PM me please

Anyone PM me a priv esc hint?

root finally :+1:

Rooted :slight_smile:

I cant seem to figure out the username, I have rsa key, have passphrase. Have looked at all the hints, and I think I have the username, but its getting to the point where im doubting myself and not sure if Im using the key properly.

FML i figured out my problem, i copied the key wrong. On to root

Got user, trying to be dirty but got thread stoppedā€¦ not sure how to priv esc to root

Iā€™m stuck with ā€œno start lineā€ā€¦ trying to recover the key.

finally I found the issue! it was there all the time!

@eleph4 said:
Iā€™m stuck with ā€œno start lineā€ā€¦ trying to recover the key.

So I have the private RSA key, I have a MD5 looking hash that I got from dumping memory, however that doesnā€™t seem to be the passphrase used to decrypt the RSA key since I get an openssl error. Iā€™ve tried re-dumping the memory a couple of times and I still canā€™t find anything significant other than the hash. Can anyone help me? Thanks

@Will9560 said:
So I have the private RSA key, I have a MD5 looking hash that I got from dumping memory, however that doesnā€™t seem to be the passphrase used to decrypt the RSA key since I get an openssl error. Iā€™ve tried re-dumping the memory a couple of times and I still canā€™t find anything significant other than the hash. Can anyone help me? Thanks

You may have to keep trying. It took me quite a few attempts before I got anything of real use.

@TTYlerDurden said:

@Will9560 said:

You may have to keep trying. It took me quite a few attempts before I got anything of real use.

Finally got the dump, thanks mate :+1:

rooted in 2 min lol

@sazouki said:
rooted in 2 min lol

rooted with two ways