Valentine

@pwnchief said:
I am going nuts over the username tried everything even the certificate CN name still got nothing ???
Hints will be welcome??

for the username you need to follow the simple htb principle every name matters , for the passphrase you need to follow ctf principle every picture tells you something !!

right, I appear to have an RSA key and a MD5 hash, am I on the right lines trying to reverse the hash to get the pass for the key?

@Parttimesecguy said:
right, I appear to have an RSA key and a MD5 hash, am I on the right lines trying to reverse the hash to get the pass for the key?

nevermind, found the passphrase, now onto the user name

Got RSA key + password. Tried various users with no luck - anyone i could pm to give me a hand? :slight_smile:

Could someone PM me Iā€™m not sure what vector I should be using to achieve user, I know how the encoder works, but am not sure how to use it

Finally got the PassPhrase and some RSA keys, still trying to find username. can anyone give a hint or pm

@BobBobbington said:
Could someone PM me Iā€™m not sure what vector I should be using to achieve user, I know how the encoder works, but am not sure how to use it

I have found the RSA and used the exploit, but all Iā€™m getting out is gibberish, how can I find the passphrase? pm me a hint please :slight_smile:

I have found the RSA and used the exploit, but all Iā€™m getting out is gibberish, how can I find the passphrase? pm me a hint please :slight_smile:

go for exploit in python , metasploit doesnā€™t provide you the results

@blackhue

for the username you need to follow the simple htb principle every name matters , for the passphrase you need to follow ctf principle every picture tells you something !!

@joeldejo said:

metasploit can, you need to ā€˜set verbose trueā€™

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

i never got the results i used verbose , not an issue got it using python

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

Yeah needed Verbose on true, canā€™t just dump to a file

@BobBobbington said:

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

never got it using metasploit , can you just pine me the options , i think i was missing something

@joeldejo said:

@BobBobbington said:

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

never got it using metasploit , can you just pine me the options , i think i was missing something

you just run it with verbose set to true, and then read through the mountain of text. you may have to run in multiple times

Also any hints on username PM me, I know it may be obvious but Im dumb

@BobBobbington said:

@joeldejo said:

@BobBobbington said:

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

you just run it with verbose set to true, and then read through the mountain of text. you may have to run in multiple times

ran 3 times , no results , i got the result in the very first attempt using the python exploit

wierd i get it everytime with metasploit

@joeldejo said:

@BobBobbington said:

@joeldejo said:

@BobBobbington said:

@Parttimesecguy said:

@joeldejo said:

ran 3 times , no results , i got the result in the very first attempt using the python exploit

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

rooted, by the dirty method, I did spot a directory with a ā€˜fileā€™ that may help with the clean method, can someone who knows better PM me what I would have to do?

okay I figured out the user from information on the site and am in.

python script FTW and I got user, now on to root