Traverxec

Anyone help me where to read code pls

You have to read .sh file

@TazWake well yeah it would make my life so much easier. I tried php , python, nc and bash but none seem to work

tbh idek what to do after getting rce

@th48th said:

@TazWake well yeah it would make my life so much easier. I tried php , python, nc and bash but none seem to work

Tbh, it doesnā€™t seem to be making your life easier. Spending ages trying to get something which may or may not work, might be a waste of effort.

As far as I can remember, there is only one step where you need/get a reverse shell and that is very early on, using a known vulnerability.

@TazWake Well i guess youre right. I just that it would make directory traversal a little easier on my end. That said, im now quite lost; no direction

@th48th said:

@TazWake Well i guess youre right. I just that it would make directory traversal a little easier on my end. That said, im now quite lost; no direction

If you are stuck, a general tip is to enumerate more. If you have a foothold - and I assume you are in a slightly restricted shell - look at files that the account has to be able to access to work. This will give you clues.

You never need to cd in linux. Pretty much every tool is path sensitive - ls -al /path/to/my/folder for example. Weā€™ve just got into the habit of being in a folder because we are used to visual representation in a GUI.

true trueā€¦im inclined to cd almost every time

Struggling for user, first machine ever! I have a password but donā€™t know where use it.
Iā€™ve found d***d private space reading the conf file.
Now Iā€™m trying to find subdirectories from that path but itā€™s taking a whileā€¦ not sure this is the right path. Also got some 501, donā€™t know what to do with themā€¦ Any suggestion? Please send me a message!

Can I get a nudge? I have the shell and have been poking around for a while with no avail.

@newrookie said:

Struggling for user, first machine ever! I have a password but donā€™t know where use it.
Now Iā€™m trying to find subdirectories from that path but itā€™s taking a whileā€¦ not sure this is the right path. Also got some 501, donā€™t know what to do with themā€¦ Any suggestion? Please send me a message!

@RawDawgPAWG said:

Can I get a nudge? I have the shell and have been poking around for a while with no avail.

I suspect you are both basically in the same place.

You need to look at the files and folders the account you are using has access to. This gives you useful information you can find either on disk or exposed externally.

You might not be able to navigate in a normal manner of going folder by folder but you can jump to places made visible to your account.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@newrookie said:

@RawDawgPAWG said:

I suspect you are both basically in the same place.

You need to look at the files and folders the account you are using has access to. This gives you useful information you can find either on disk or exposed externally.

You might not be able to navigate in a normal manner of going folder by folder but you can jump to places made visible to your account.

Ok thank you this opened me one way I think itā€™s the right one, letā€™s dig in! :smile:

Alright thank you @TazWake. I might need another nudge though haha. Iā€™ll PM you if thatā€™s the case.

Rooted! Nice liitle box with a devilishly simple but maddeningly elusive user!
Hereā€™s my summary:
Foothold : quick enumeration should give you an easy entry
User: Dont get stuck on the easy win but have a good look around where you find it, read the file AND the manual, why are there two and where is it hiding?
Root: Dont stray too far, catā€™s yer friend, GTFOBins, small screen make somethings clearer but not needed, what else isnt needed? dont overthink it!

Pm if you need a nudgeā€¦

ps. can someone pm me and give me a hint as to where to use the easy win?

Got user, thanks @TazWake for the hint ! Now on my way to root :smile:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@pallasator said:

Iā€™ve cracked the creds Iā€™ve found, but canā€™t seem to connect via SSH using the creds Iā€™ve got? Any help much appreciated, cheers.

The file you found them in has a specific purpose. Use them that way.

Remember you have an account as a webserver, so you can see anything the webserver can see.

Thanks for the nudge, got root!

ROOTED MY FIRST MACHINE!!!
But I donā€™t know what you mean with resizing windowsā€¦ If someone wants to tell me it would be appreciated.
What a beautiful website, thank you all guys!

Hey, can someone help me. I got to the initial reverse shell but iā€™m having trouble with user.

@DiamondBlitz
Look who you are and where you (or better, the application running as you) needs access to perform its duty.
Note also some unusual directory permissions.
These two things belong together.

rooted! :smiley:

Cannot believe how that root prompt came out! :wink: