Traverxec

Finally rooted, thank you @TazWake for your hints for user.

This was my first machine and I learned so much.

• Hints user: you must read configuration file and understand whats happening. After that, you have to understand the concept of sub directory (in my opinion, the most important thing in this box)

• Hints root: pspy and gtfobins are your friends. Then, you can read another hints in the forum about “maximize” or “minimize” your screen.

Thanks @jkr for this funny machine!

@ALK the best hint i’ve seen so far! I was struggling with root for a long time. thank you

Is the box really slow for anybody? I’m working through root access, but it’s super sluggish and unresponsive.

A Weird Box.
It took me an afternoon,At first I thought it was only one hour.

PM me, i will give some hint. :slight_smile:

I got root. Can someone explain to me why the last thing worked? whats about that window thingy?

I really enjoyed the user part of this box, and to some extent enjoyed root. I would have NEVER figured root out if I wasn’t educated about it from a friend. It’s pretty neat and after you do it, research WHY it happens. That’s what got me. There are some decent hints here, but I don’t think I can provide my own without spoiling it tooo much. It did made me think way back in the day when people had pagers and then I started researching the ■■■■ out of them to find out how they work! :disappointed:

Rooted! DM me if you need a nudge

Hi guys ! Hint me with the user! I got access to www-data and I have d***d creds. Thanks!

I stucked. I found d****'s password , It is “N********e” i’m trying to connect with ssh but getting permission denied. Can someone help me about that?

Rooted, if you need help P.M. me

I’m stuck with the credentials and can’t figure out the next step.
Very close to throwing my laptop out the window, please pm with a hint to move forward.

The N**** password is not for ssh - Where did you find it ? And what’s next to it ?
What could the document be used for ? How did you discover the file - maybe there is another line next to it in the configuration…

I got encrypted i*_r** and
spend all day for cracking it by j*** with wordlist ro*****, but not yet complete it.
Is this rabbit hole ?

edit: Resolved!

Got user. To be honest a bit hard due lack of imagination. After got shell, Almost all you got there is enough to get user. But you need to join pieces to got what you really need.

got fun for the moment… Learning in progress :slight_smile:

Okay… im really stuck on getting root, who can help me to find the right size?

rooted. I had to read a bit. And I learn something I didn’t know. Thanks for the tips about resizing shell :slight_smile:

Rooted in exactly 2h and I also rewrote the first exploit because I didn’t like the way to use it.

START: really simple enumeration and google.
USER: a bit of enumeration, didn’t know that path it was possible.
ROOT: 15 minutes to google “why it doesnt work”… so just an hint :RESIZE something.
apart of that, root really easy, just watch where you already are, everything is written if you cat some files.

GG

Hello guys. I get the shell by a vulnerability and It work but at the same time I am having problems with that shell when I am doing enumeartion… Any suggestion???

Type your comment> @CyberGeek01 said:

Hello guys. I get the shell by a vulnerability and It work but at the same time I am having problems with that shell when I am doing enumeartion… Any suggestion???

I suggest you to watch some configs…

Just gained access to the shell and home directory. I can’t access the folder d****. It says “Permission denied”. Please can someone give me a nudge?