Traverxec

whoami

root

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

it was easier for me than others. We also learn a lot here.

Stuck on user

I’ve founded in bp-s**-ity-fs.tgz. I’ve copied it to some directory (in this directory I have all privileges to write any files), then I need to extract this archive
 There is some files such as "a*****d_ks" and etc.

I need any nudge, PM me.

Spoiler Removed

Got the shell and User1. If you need help or any hints just pm me.
Hint for the shell: Enumerate
Hint for User1: Check all the folders

Goot ROOT. It was very easy.
Hint: Check the script and gtfobins is your friend.
Let me know if you need any help or hint.

Can anybody help me get the initial shell? I know how to do it, it just isn’t working. 100% confident I have the right exploit
 It always completes the exploit but no session was created. Tried every URI path I could see in Dirbuster just for the heck of it, but pretty sure all I need is the basic IP name

This box made me feel like such a dope
thanks for the many face palms @jkr

to those still battling their way through

initial: google

user: Do the obvious, and if after doing so you find yourself stuck - play bandit on overthewire dot org
major thanks to whoever it was that mentioned it several pages back! Never would have figured that out otherwise :wink:

root: just read what so many others have already posted, to say anything more would be to spoil it.

Type your comment> @zgordon96 said:

Can anybody help me get the initial shell? I know how to do it, it just isn’t working. 100% confident I have the right exploit
 It always completes the exploit but no session was created. Tried every URI path I could see in Dirbuster just for the heck of it, but pretty sure all I need is the basic IP name

PM me if u still need help

Type your comment> @zgordon96 said:

if you cant touch her, let you make her to touch you

Got in using the rce.
Cracked the pass for dd using john from htpxxx.Ran a dirbuster to find any panel to use the creds found none. Read the config files of n***o but couldnt find anything helpful. Please could someone give me a nude.
Thank you

Got stuck on user, only thing that clicked was reading the man page.

Hope it helps!

@d3kum1d0r1y4 said:

Got in using the rce.
Cracked the pass for dd using john from htpxxx.Ran a dirbuster to find any panel to use the creds found none. Read the config files of n***o but couldnt find anything helpful. Please could someone give me a nude.
Thank you

The config files point to where you need to look next. Read them carefully and try to understand what they allude to.

Remember, if a webserver is serving files from a location, it needs access and just because you cant access a parent folder, that doesn’t mean you cant directly access the child folder.

If you want to look at it in a webserver, have a look at how webservers traditionally serve user directories.

Got my first ROOT. Really enjoy the box. Learn many new things, thanks to the Author. Thanks to @LMAY75 and @IamKsNoob for the nudges to get User. Root was mindblowing lol

rooted great machine i learn something new in linux navigate
thanks for the box!!
pm free for hint???

get user
good for beginner like me :slight_smile:
send pm if u need any hint

Rooted
 Thank you to @farbs for the advice. Total head slapper!

Rooted
root@traverxec:/# whoami
root

The root challenge is spécial

wow, the window-size is real

Rooted from the clues on here. Can’t even imagine how one would go about patching that.

Really struggling with root. Could someone please PM me for help. I don’t know what else to try.