Traverxec

Some people are legit still trying to DoS this server as a means of getting a foothold and it freakin’ shows.

Just cracked the key from bac********************* but I don’t know where to use it. Any help please? I’m new with this ssh thing

Ok, I’ve been stuck at the initial foothold (cracked the hash in the config file) and at the /~d***d/ page since last night. The fact that the machine seems to not be responding very well to tools like **buster and ***buster isn’t helping either. Does anyone have a hint to where I should be poking at in that URL? I’ve read the service’s doc and also the red team field manual (figured rtfm can stand for both), but I didn’t get any leads.

Stuck on the root part. Don’t get what binary to exploit for privesc. Please PM me for nudges. Thanks!

Root - Once you have the user it is there in front of you

This is a GTFObins but understand there are 2 applications being used - read, try on own PC and see what happens

I did not believe the window size till I saw it myself, makes sense when you see it in action

Rooted!
Great box, learned new services and tricky, uncommon things.
User: enumeration is the key! Read the man pages and config files. Try to find the hidden treasures.
Root: THE SIZE IS MATTER! O_O

Rooted.
First box I did, really interesting and fun to learn new things!

Got user on this box. Like this box already. Going after root…

Hi guys,

Still a bit stuck with root. Just read through this thread a bit.

But somehow I don’t get the dots connected.

I currently work as d … with a s … - s … sh file. Which I think I work with the right command. When I change subtle things, it sometimes asks for a password, so this depends on what is being changed. Okay good information to have, but I miss the last bit. Also with GTFO I don’t get much further.

Would you like to take a look at where I’m going in the ship?

Thanks a lot in advance

@mrZapp pm me if you still need

Type your comment> @IamKsNoob said:

@mrZapp pm me if you still need

Rooted thank you for the last push

Type your comment> @Jebby said:

I’ve cracked something hidden in .h******** but can’t seem to use it anywhere? Any hints?

PM me if you need anyhelp

Finally ROOTED !!
Thankyou @mrZapp and @IamKsNoob for the nudge :slight_smile:
Total 5 machines owned :smiley:

Anyone can help me?
I’m stuck, I can’t go on with the root user.
I find s****-s****.sh", which cointains an interesting command.
Gt***s is not my friend :neutral:

With some nudges from reddit, I managed to get root without resizing the terminal. Can someone PM me how they did it with resizing as I can’t seem to work that one out and would love to know!

finally rooted !!!

this box was fun. Enumeration is the KEY. I always laugh when i read that, it’s like saying ’ getting root.txt is the key’ haha. I get it, and agree…just think its funny. anyone need help hit me up.

Help me.

I found user: hash

I can’t break.

@fbr0 said:

Help me.

I found user: hash

I can’t break.

The user hash should break under john.

@n0r3m0rs3 said:

Anyone can help me?
I’m stuck, I can’t go on with the root user.
I find s****-s****.sh", which cointains an interesting command.
Gt***s is not my friend :neutral:

Think about how the bins work. For me, the easiest way was to make sure the console window was small enough it triggered the issue. If it just displays and exits, you cant GTFO in the manner described.