Teacher

@yunaranyancat said:
guys, I got a mild brain damage trying to root teacher, can someone shed a light a bit? I’ll pm you what I have done so far :frowning:

got em. :expressionless:

I’ve spent hours and hours enumerating, looking in folders for something unusual, trying some trivial methods after getting a low priv. shell, but with no luck. Is getting past this point and getting user that self-explanatory? Well, not for me, seems like…

@Senpaisol said:
A Hint for the people with the initial shell but without the user flag:
To get the flag you need access and a leet idea (or is it spelled id?).
I’ve actually found this piece of information, but couldn’t come up with a working solution that uses it…

Edit: thank you @Skunkfoot and @Sh11td0wn for the hints, I’ve successfully become g***!

Edit2: Found root.txt!

@snowman418 said:
These systems that require a re-exploitation to achieve simple access are downright obnoxious. Yea I get it a lot of hackers have no social life but I do and stepping away shouldn’t mean redoing work. Just make creds easier to get and allow ssh or something…

learn to script it buddy. :wink:

Can anyone with root access PM me? I have root access but i feel like what i did wasn’t necessarily the best way to go about it .

Finally got it… phew…

@3mrgnc3 said:

@snowman418 said:
These systems that require a re-exploitation to achieve simple access are downright obnoxious. Yea I get it a lot of hackers have no social life but I do and stepping away shouldn’t mean redoing work. Just make creds easier to get and allow ssh or something…

hahahahahaha that’s frigging funny. My girlfriend is laughing like crazy.

@dualfade said:

@3mrgnc3 said:

@snowman418 said:

hahahahahaha that’s frigging funny. My girlfriend is laughing like crazy.

Call me the tickler ?

Sometimes the free server makes me want to pull my hair out. Getting the webservice not available error. Even after resetting. I cant even get back to my shell.

@ChiefCoolArrow said:
Sometimes the free server makes me want to pull my hair out. Getting the webservice not available error. Even after resetting. I cant even get back to my shell.

If you’re getting the same error after resetting, it’s likely that you’re doing something wrong. Not 100% certain, but likely. If you’d like, you can PM me and I’ll see if I can catch any errors

(5) Done
in 3 days

Rooted. Ping me if you need a hand.

@3mrgnc3 said:

@snowman418 said:

Found the basement dweller.

@snowman418 said:

@3mrgnc3 said:

@snowman418 said:

Found the basement dweller.

:kissing_wink:

Enjoyable box.
A good one for newcomers to practice on.
I thought it had a nice flow to it.
Thanks @Gioo :wink:

@3mrgnc3 said:
Enjoyable box.
A good one for newcomers to practice on.
I thought it had a nice flow to it.
Thanks @Gioo :wink:

I agree. Didn’t like the first step simply because of how long it took, but I guess maybe we’re just used to things that stand out. For a realistic scenario, you may have to sort through thousands of innocuous files. shrug The rest of it was relatively straightforward. Thanks @Gioo !

I have a shell but cannot read user.txt. Any hints? Stuck here for two days already. I have enumerated many times and cannot find a way to become user g*******

@Esplendini said:
I have a shell but cannot read user.txt. Any hints? Stuck here for two days already. I have enumerated many times and cannot find a way to become user g*******

Enumerate interesting processes

Managed to get an unprivileged shell and been trying to figure out user since yesterday. Good box so far, plenty of head scratching & learning a great deal from it.

Personally I love boxes like these.
Having a hard time enumerating? Can’t find what you’re looking for? Time to hit the dev grind and build some tools! :smiley:
This box gave me a couple new ideas, thanks @Gioo.
Also, had a little laugh at the end. There’s more than one place to get “wild” in that last part, which I think made this root a lot of fun.

Finally i got root! Now i know what can i use yxorppaz :wink: