Safe

asdfsd

root question: used kp2jon to extract the hash, didnt care about the pictures.
I didnt think that I need to use Steghide etc. to do the Stenography at first, however, after I used the rockyou dict to try the GPU exhausting task, it failed.

what am I missing? thanks a lot!

Type your comment> @garnettk said:

root question: used kp2jon to extract the hash, didnt care about the pictures.
I didnt think that I need to use Steghide etc. to do the Stenography at first, however, after I used the rockyou dict to try the GPU exhausting task, it failed.

what am I missing? thanks a lot!
The pictures

can anyone help me with master password for kee**** . i tried bruteforcing for hours but i didnā€™t get anything. please help me

@azeroth PM me

For how long we should try to crack the hash of KP !! Running for ages with no luck, any suggestion.

Iā€™m thinking of try to elevate to root using different approach if possible.

Type your comment> @azeroth said:

can anyone help me with master password for kee**** . i tried bruteforcing for hours but i didnā€™t get anything. please help me

When you extract the hash donā€™t forget the 6 files you have to add them, then the master key will be obtained quickly.

Type your comment> @Z0d said:

For how long we should try to crack the hash of KP !! Running for ages with no luck, any suggestion.

Iā€™m thinking of try to elevate to root using different approach if possible.

Got it!

If anyone has any hints on how to get to root, feel free to message me. I have all of the files. I have run j and H****** on the password file as well as steg bf to try and get the info out of the other files and canā€™t seem to get anywhere.

Guys any nudges on Binary exploitation of Safe- User? n00b BOF skills

Anyone willing to look over what I have been doing for BOF to give a hint where I might be going wrong for getting user.txt, been trying to get it to work for 6+ hours nowā€¦

How do you guys download the .k**x file from the system?

Type your comment> @FailWhale said:

How do you guys download the .k**x file from the system?

There is more than one way to connect to (and copy from) a machine. If you donā€™t know the password, but can write to the userā€™s directory, itā€™s usually quite possible to authorize your access another way.

@BT1483 right, I think I get you :slight_smile:

Spoiler Removed

It seems the address for the string Iā€™d like to use for sm call to get a shell keeps changing (inside of lbc). Any tips on how to access that string during runtime? I can access the upe and execute it fine, since that addr doesnā€™t change, just the strings in l*bc keep moving around.

@Z0d said:

When you extract the hash donā€™t forget the 6 files you have to add them, then the master key will be obtained quickly.

I only included one of the picture as the key file, is it the correct way?

Type your comment> @garnettk said:

@Z0d said:

I only included one of the picture as the key file, is it the correct way?

Each picture when extract with KP gave you a different hash.

Type your comment> @3lg470 said:

It seems the address for the string Iā€™d like to use for sm call to get a shell keeps changing (inside of lbc). Any tips on how to access that string during runtime? I can access the upe and execute it fine, since that addr doesnā€™t change, just the strings in l*bc keep moving around.

Donā€™t try to guess the position of a string in a library the version of which you canā€™t even know (and hence also not where you find the string in it).

Type your comment> @BT1483 said:

Type your comment> @3lg470 said:

Donā€™t try to guess the position of a string in a library the version of which you canā€™t even know (and hence also not where you find the string in it).

That actually makes a lot of sense, now that you say it, LOL. I did give up on that path. I was able to get what I need into another place (R9) but now trying to figure out how to get that into the s****m call. Of course, I also can put it all over the stack, but not sure how to get a pointer to one of those spots into RDI.

Is that more on the right track?