Remote

FYI, the creds work for user. I had to switch servers.

@MaximumBob said:

I have successfully ran the m**** command but I can’t find anything good. I am guessing I am missing the obvious. Can I get a hint or a pm?

I have no idea what this command is, so I cant hint or PM sorry. If your question is a bit more specific I might be able to help.

@rlh said:

Working on user. Found creds in sf file. Ran the hash through website which spit back
b
nce Seems like that’s the ticket. Tried logging in as ad@h**.***** but nothing. Am I on the wrong track, or did someone change the pw? Can’t reset the box; says it’s under maintenance.

Like @ByteM3 said, what you have should work.

If the lab is “under maintenance” it hints that something has broken and is being repaired. This is likely to be your problem.

@Raekh said:

Using the PoC I get this powershell error in the response : Exception calling “DownloadString” with “1” argument(s): "Could not find a part of the path ‘c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\10.10.14.x\shell.ps1’, any ideas ?

At a guess, it means the process can’t find part of that path you have set. If you look at the path you can see where a bit of it might not exist. If you are confident that a folder called 10.10.14.x exists on the file system it might be some error with how it has been called.

@Kevoenos said:

Why does my hackthebox keep rejecting my user flag which i found in /Public?? Also can anybody give me a nudge on intended path to root?

Its a dynamic flag. If the box resets between you finding the flag and submitting it, it will get rejected.

Other than that its anyone’s guess. It might be someone has changed the flag. It might be that you are copying and pasting it incorrectly etc.

@gorash said:

To the people who already got the box, is NF… the right place to investigate ?

Yes

@TazWake said:

@Kevoenos said:

Why does my hackthebox keep rejecting my user flag which i found in /Public?? Also can anybody give me a nudge on intended path to root?

Its a dynamic flag. If the box resets between you finding the flag and submitting it, it will get rejected.

Other than that its anyone’s guess. It might be someone has changed the flag. It might be that you are copying and pasting it incorrectly etc.

I swear i have tried it for like 5 times straight in a row after resetting the box or after it was reset, it keeps denying my user hash. Hard to believe somebody would actually go through all this trouble just to troll people…

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@ArcticReboundz said:

Hey, struggling with getting some momentum on this box as it is my first windows box. Carrying out dirbuster scan i find u0 login, however cannot find any extra directories containing anything useful, eg files.
nmap scan gave back alot, guessing it may have something to do with r
b
service, but when attempting s*mt command, i get an error…
Any help in where to go from here?

Use the correct syntax for s*mt and it should work.

got it working, stupid mistake by me, missing those pesky double dots

@Kevoenos said:

I swear i have tried it for like 5 times straight in a row after resetting the box or after it was reset, it keeps denying my user hash. Hard to believe somebody would actually go through all this trouble just to troll people…

If you’ve reset the box, waited for it to reset, then got the new hash it should work and work fast enough that no one else could have broken the box again.

Got the machine through the unintended method after giving up on TV.

I figured out the creds but I could never get it to talk to me.

hey to all good hackers in this community.

about this machine I’m running some problems to get root and I need to clarify to all running the same problems.
let’s see

first as I know this machine as two ways to get root.
the first is with U… S… that for some weird reasons don’t works for me.
I can run all P… S commands ping too but no success with this vulnerability, I will try to investigate further.
the second way is with TV…
that also does not work for me because I’m running some weird problems with my msf, because I can’t send sessions to background, a little OSINT about that reveals to me many people with same problem, tried a couple of possibles solutions but nothing…
so I’m going to try from another computer and in mean time I start my computer from fresh kali installation.

because for some weird reasons too, I can’t run any type of files on the server,. exe or. bat no matter nothings prints on my screen…

sometimes we think what we are doing wrong or what we can do better or what we have missed, but rarely we think it’s my machine running as expected?

leason learned but like I said I will investigate further why U…S… don’t works.

I hope changing the machine rooting way is not the case here.

keep safe and have good hacking challenges.

@kalitkd said:

that also does not work for me because I’m running some weird problems with my msf, because I can’t send sessions to background, a little OSINT about that reveals to me many people with same problem, tried a couple of possibles solutions but nothing…
so I’m going to try from another computer and in mean time I start my computer from fresh kali installation.

Try it without MSF?

because for some weird reasons too, I can’t run any type of files on the server,. exe or. bat no matter nothings prints on my screen…

Are you trying to run them from an MSF session?

@kalitkd said:

Try it without MSF?

Are you trying to run them from an MSF session?

no i tried from the reverse shell,tried with msf because on that way wont works, either i cant start or stop the service or booth, reset the machine only make hard work for the others and dont solve the problem, but with msf wont works because i cant put sessions in background , ctrl Z or ctrl C closes my msf cant put then in backgroung ,also background and bg does nothing…

already changed server too.

i will try from another computer.

Rooted. Very nice box, learned a lot as Windows is my weak spot.

For the system shell I had a (for me) weird behaviour that I don’t understand.
I used venom to generate a shell.

When I used a normal shell it was stable regardless of whether it was staged or unstaged, or whether I listened with multi/handler or ncat.

When I tried a meterpreter shell, I needed to migrate quickly as it died as soon as the command spawning it timed out.

Can someone explain to me why these behaved so differently?

Finally rooted I was having a HUGE struggle with this machine but i learned a alot of new things. Thanks for the box

Spoiler Removed

@Raekh said:

How can I get around this ?

The answer is in your syntax. You are telling it to download from \10.10.14.xx which is mapped to the filesystem. That’s why you got the error you got.

@Raekh said:

How can I get around this ?

The answer is in your syntax. You are telling it to download from \10.10.14.xx which is mapped to the filesystem. That’s why you got the error you got.

I’m so dumb. Fixed with http in front ofr the url. Now I gotta figure out how to run it from a different location cause I don’t have the authorization to run it in system32 files :confused:

@Raekh said:

I’m so dumb. Fixed with http in front ofr the url. Now I gotta figure out how to run it from a different location

Couple of ways you can solve this. You could create your own.

@TazWake There are many alternatives in windows for downloads and execution