Registry

Finally rooted! :smiley:

Big thanks to @hackerB31 and Ravenforce for the nudges on this one.

ā€“
root@bolt:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@bolt:~# whoami
root

root@bolt:~#

Some hints:

USER- If you are having issues with your shell not displaying output once connected, the best tip I can give would be K.I.S.S.

ROOT - Research the obvious, then DIY

Cant get the d***** p*** to work, found the ma*****t and Di**** but still, could someone PM me a hint pls?

I rooted this yesterday after several hours. I have no idea if I did this the intended way. I leveraged the command found in b*****.**p after searching through documentation for hours. Anyone who has rooted it also mind sharing with me how they did it? From what Iā€™m reading here, I donā€™t think the approach I took to get there is what others did.

Edit: Yea, I definitely didnā€™t do this box the way that most people are, I overthought it. Still got root though, so ?ā€ā™‚ļø. If you want to solve it the way that I did, when looking at the command you can run, read into all the different type of targets you can be saving to, and then explore whether any of those options have a way to manipulate what gets run.

Hit me up on HTB Discord if you want, @agreenbhm#8525

root@bolt:~# hostname
bolt

finally rooted!
i will be open to giving help to everybody because this box is hard af!
my discord is Celesian#0558

Finally rooted, User part quite easy, but the root was just frustrating, This is the first hard box from me, took time from me to finish it, but I tried to do it by myself as much as possible.

This was a fun box. If anyone needs a nudge PM me.

ROOTED !!!
Great box, learnt a lot !
Everyone writing enumeration is the key is absolutely right, after fetching d****r files, getting the user is all about your enumeration skills.

PM me for any help

@drdsol92 said:
Currently stuck at bt user. From the hints provided here, I think Iā€™m supposed to su to w-d*** and exploit r***c somehow? Iā€™ve even gone through the php files but still canā€™t find anything useful. Would appreciate it if someone could give me a nudge in the right direction ><

You have to find a way to become w**-d**** and get your way with r****c to BACKUP all the essential files

i am stuck on second user. i cracked hash, logged in web app but uploading shell doesnt work. when i want change extension, it shows 404 not found. any help?

edit:
no need to change extension :slight_smile:

User! thanks to my mentor, he knows who he isā€¦im finding this box frustrating but not difficult, im not familiar with d****r so i had to read the docs and read the docs and read the docs, that and enumeration is all youā€™ll need to get to user, its that simpleā€¦ Now on to root gl -all

Stuck cloning the dr ry, got the basic auth so can view v/_c***g, but canā€™t get any further

E: Thanks to a nudge from @noob2sec managed to get user, on to root now!

rooted. Thank you @masquerad3r for your hints.

As for root, I gave up to make outbound connection to my local machine. Everything was done in this machine besides cracking creds.
For the final touch, I didnā€™t know r***-s***** is portable.

I logged in via ssh as b**t user. Found some creds but couldnā€™t find a way to crack it can someone help me ?

EDIT:

Rooted, special thanks to @PlayerThree and @rholas !

Why all the B**t C*s pages return 404?

IDK if i get initial footlhold the intended way, can someone who feels the same PM?.

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) root@bolt:~#

if u need help . Write me from DM

how can I get root ? any nudges

Type your comment