Postman

rooted
send pm if u need any hint :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @DeviousPhocus said:

Any tips on getting R* was able to get user but kind of stuck on where to go from here.

can anyone help with this

Starting with this one.

Type your comment> @Wh0aMn1c0 said:

Rooted!
If anybody needs help, p.m. for hints.

Hack The Box

help not able to get user from R**s

Hack The Box

Type your comment> @100 said:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

(Quote)
I finally found the problem, it’s not was the credentials, It was the S** :smile:

How did u solved it? PM me please

Trying to exploit r***s I get the successful generation of the payload but then RHOST keeps listening to SRVHOST. Probably I misconfigured something. Any tips?

Rooted. Took a long while, but I learned quite a bit on this one. Enumeration didn’t seem to help like most.

Overall I found it to be a good demonstration of rabbit holes eventually having an exit by way of a non-obvious foothold. PMs are open if you need help.

sorry,please help me.i don’t kown Linux Kernel < 4.15.4 is correct direction ?

Type your comment> @Kyushu said:

what do you mean? Correct direction is getting access to the machine in order to ennumerate and get user and root.

Get user and root. The hardest part was figure out how to get initial access to the machine. Thanks to those who help me (respects updated). Once I enumerate the machine it was pretty easy get user. And root was too fast. I hope it was indeed due I almost do nothing to get root. NIce machine. Not much new knowledge but r*** was something new and I had to think a bit. Thanks to @thecybergeek for this nice time.

@MrPennybag , thank you for your posts in the forum.
Rooted
Initial Access: Enumerate them services and get ready to learn a new cli structure
User: My approach was from the top down
Root: Don’t stay at home, find another way in

Type your comment> @Darvidor said:

what do you mean? Correct direction is getting access to the machine in order to ennumerate and get user and root.

I think my expression may not be clear enough.Now that I’ve got Matt, I want to know if the Linux version bug is the right effort

Type your comment> @Darvidor said:

I think my expression may not be clear enough.Now that I’ve got Matt, I want to know if the Linux version bug is the right effort

I think it not a matter of Linux Bug. Now you are a new man / woman. You are Matt. I think the solution comes to know you better.

Type your comment> @staxmood said:

@MrPennybag , thank you for your posts in the forum.
Rooted
Initial Access: Enumerate them services and get ready to learn a new cli structure
User: My approach was from the top down
Root: Don’t stay at home, find another way in

Youre Welcome ! Congrats

User and Root, funny box
PM me for hints :slight_smile:

Got the necessary file and already cracked it. But when i tried to login as the user, my connection immediately dropped. Anyone also experiencing this? I’m stuck right now.

Type your comment> @ryllan said:

Got the necessary file and already cracked it. But when i tried to login as the user, my connection immediately dropped. Anyone also experiencing this? I’m stuck right now.

You have the information, you are just trying to gain access from the wrong angle,
if you want me to clarify send me a PM :slight_smile:

Got User and Root!!! That was a fun box.

DM me if you need a nudge

Type your comment> @Lagster said:

Type your comment> @ryllan said:

You have the information, you are just trying to gain access from the wrong angle,
if you want me to clarify send me a PM :slight_smile:

I sent you a DM bud. Thanks !

Finally! Owned user and root! wooohooo! user is kinda annoying but root is a piece of cake once you owned user. Special thanks to my buddy @Lagster for the heads up on the user. Thank you.