Poison

@sesha569 said:

@grandk said:
rooted, big thanks to @mcruz and the source he provide. For those who need help, https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/vnc/sshvnc.html , How to Configure a SSH Tunnel On A VNC Server - Ubuntu 14 .

yes. I tried all these methods. I am able to connect to that port. But the screen is grayed out with big X mouse. Some pixel alignment problem. Tried different pixels there. But no solution.

sometimes u might need to wait for awhile/ reset and redo the steps. mine was extremely unresponsive on my first try.

T_T, why ippsec release too fast, iā€™ve got user.txt & otw to get root T_T

So I got the password (decoded it 13 times). Can anyone give me a hint of how to use it? I presume I need to find a user somehow but I have not been very successful in enumerating any usernames to useā€¦

Please help (Iā€™m new) :slight_smile:

I know you need it to root it but has anyone had any luck getting log poisoning to work on this machine? I can run commands but not actually managed to get a reverse shell working in the ways Iā€™m used to. Log seems very finicky and chokes various symbols.

PM if you have.

My god, the ā€œpoisonā€ direction and hints threw me off so bad since I had already gotten foothold with a much easier way (the way in is listed already on main pageā€¦) and I was stuck wondering how the heck ā€œpoisoningā€ could help me privesc.