Poison

having an "event not found " while unzipping!! any idea?
using unzip -p password zipfile.zip syntax
please help

@madbro said:
please help

maybe download it to your machine

This box has me scratching my head (banging my head)ā€¦ I know the service Iā€™m looking for and Iā€™ve used what I think is the method before to connect to a similar service on windows and I even get a connection although mostly grey screen with a terminal in the top corner but as regular user c***ix not rootā€¦ I assume the secret file is the key but not sure what type of charset or algo I may be looking at? Iā€™m thinking I need to use the user to tunnel through or am I off here? I think Iā€™m closeā€¦

@3s073r1k said:
This box has me scratching my head (banging my head)ā€¦ I know the service Iā€™m looking for and Iā€™ve used what I think is the method before to connect to a similar service on windows and I even get a connection although mostly grey screen with a terminal in the top corner but as regular user c***ix not rootā€¦ I assume the secret file is the key but not sure what type of charset or algo I may be looking at? Iā€™m thinking I need to use the user to tunnel through or am I off here? I think Iā€™m closeā€¦

Youā€™re close, maybe its not an algo or charset look at the man page of the thing youā€™re using to try and connect, then think about the file

Thanks for the tipā€¦ On my way to bed but Iā€™ll be reading some man pages in the a.m! Always appreciate a nudgeā€¦ wondering if I should be using X*** or **servr ?
Hopefully thatā€™s not a spoilerā€¦

@3s073r1k said:
Thanks for the tipā€¦ On my way to bed but Iā€™ll be reading some man pages in the a.m! Always appreciate a nudgeā€¦ wondering if I should be using X*** or **servr ?
Hopefully thatā€™s not a spoilerā€¦

Hey ! Iā€™m stuck at this same place . I have been using the vv*wer via option without any luck.

I just woke up and about to try and Tackle this again, if I figure out anything Iā€™ll hit you up in a DM

3 hours with nothing - how to do this -_-

its hard so much i just find the encode file with 13 times

and i canā€™t do anything about it

i tried ssh with it but nothing its says public key -_-

i hope i got any hint from you guys ^.^ help me to go out of noobs area

If it is encoded x amount of times then you need to decode it amount of timesā€¦ Figure out the encoding and it should be simple

@ashishjv1 said:
Hey ! Iā€™m stuck at this same place . I have been using the vv*wer via option without any luck.

If you find the answer let me know , maybe a push in the right direction

Hi, I am trying to do the impossible_password but when extracting the .zip file to a .bin when extracting the .bin it turns into .bin.cpgz opening that turns it back into a .bin.

Iā€™m using MacOSX archiver utility and downloaded The Unarchiver with no luck. Any help is much appreciated

@3s073r1k said:
@ashishjv1 said:

If you find the answer let me know , maybe a push in the right direction

Hey ! I got root . I can say that you are in the right direction ! Just keep Going ! If you need more help PM me.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

And Thanks to @felli0t @Monkey23 for all the help !

Hey all, can someone PM me a hint for priv escalation PLEASE. I got on the box, extracted the secret, have an idea of which service to use it with but not sure how to use it. Been on this for 2 days now and its driving me crazy!

any hint to find the user name? i have that pwdbackup.txt , still working on to decode it.

got the service ā€¦but dont know how to use it ā€¦decoded the secret pasword .

Finally got root on this after a LOT of reading and perseverance. Great box. Happy with my first root on HTB!

@madbro said:
please help

I had the same problem, solved it with a very rough solution of running python -m SimpleHTTPServer to pull it down and then push the extracted file back up, along with wget

I still havenā€™t been able to read the contents of the file inside ***.zip, I think thatā€™s the last thing I need to get root on this box, so if anyone wants to give me a hint on that, that would be awesome.

@MAX3D said:
3 hours with nothing - how to do this -_-

its hard so much i just find the encode file with 13 times

and i canā€™t do anything about it

i tried ssh with it but nothing its says public key -_-

i hope i got any hint from you guys ^.^ help me to go out of noobs area

Once itā€™s decoded enough (youā€™ll know when you get there) and you have a username, look at what ports are open. Youā€™ll see how to connect then. That will help you get user, donā€™t ask me about root, Iā€™m so close but havenā€™t quite gotten there yet on root myself.

@GinoKun said:
Can someone pm me the tips? currently stuck after extracting the .zip and donā€™t know what to do

I pulled the zip down to my machine to extract it (python simplehttpserver and wget) but I canā€™t help you with reading the file inside it, stuck there myself.

i canā€™t do scp to poison, it gets stuck at 100% and doesnā€™t complete. any ideas ?