OSCP Complete - Report Submited

Nice one Kanecain. Well done

Congratulations Kanecain. I failed my first attempt…I am still trying harder and wont give up. Well done and thanks for the tips

well done buddy !!!

Congrats on passing and having the perseverance to “try harder” - I got 55 on my first attempt - going to try again soon after another 60 days in the lab. I was able to pop most of the public network (i got pain and sufferance, didn’t get gh0st and humble) and though I unlocked Dev and IT, I never solved any boxes in there. I wonder how much of HTB is people training up for OSCP reattempts? lol

Congrats on passing! These are the boxes I would suggest you do for practice:
Joker (sudoedit and wildcards)
Jeeves (Pass the hash)
Waldo (Local file inclusion)
Poison (Tunneling via SSH)
Celestial (Crontab privesc)

For more info related to the exam… here’s my journey and tips I wish I knew:

@HE4DTR1P said:
Congrats on “trying harder.”

I personally thought ghost wasn’t terribly difficult. I still need to retake but was traumatized from my first experience. Literally wasted nearly my entire time on the buffer overflow. I caught a shell once, it immediately died, and couldn’t let it go after that. Never figured out wtf what went wrong and never caught a shell again. I caught some low hanging points at the end but it was pointless at that point.

We are the same person

Congratulations. Is there any suggestions for OSCP report?

Congrats

That’s hella expensive, uff

I am also planning to take OSCP in next few months…

Congrats.
I am preparing for OSCP. Am using kali 2019.2 64 bit.
Whether updates are OK or should not update.
Originally updates are not recommended to do buffer overflow and 32 bit was recommended.
What additional tools are to be installed.
Please guide.