OpenAdmin

@warendoz said:
Could someone give me a nudge please?
I got the interesting data when i did some curls.
Then I asked my friend john to take a look at the data and he said that he was going to rock it but then came up with nothing in the end.
Am I missing something? It doens’t seem like a rabbit hole to me.> @bertalting said:

Type your comment> @warendoz said:

Then I asked my friend john to take a look at the data and he said that he was going to rock it but then came up with nothing in the end.
Am I missing something? It doens’t seem like a rabbit hole to me.

did you asked john to convert your interesting data into something readable for john ?

yes i did use *2john.

Check your syntax. What you have used is correct and should give you the answer.

Rooted!

Nice box, if need help you can ask me in pm or in discord Noi#5588

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@warendoz said:
Am I missing something? It doens’t seem like a rabbit hole to me.> @bertalting said:

Type your comment> @warendoz said:

Am I missing something? It doens’t seem like a rabbit hole to me.

did you asked john to convert your interesting data into something readable for john ?

yes i did use *2john.

Check your syntax. What you have used is correct and should give you the answer.

yes just noticed that was the error.
Thanks!

Rooted!!, was struggling on root due to my simple stupid mistake :slight_smile:

I got the location of config files… But unfortunately not able to see or download them… I am very new to this and would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
Fun box, stupid mistake made me waste lot of time on user. Once i got that root was easy.

Fun Box, but with a few rabbitholes.

Foothold: ***console won’t work, but look at it anyway. You need to build your own exploit. Find the .sh-script and alter it to your needs.
User1: ls and cat is all you need to find all you want.
User2: Don’t look in the distance, return to the region where you came from and find something new.
root: The easiest part, just look for what you can do and you’ll figure it out.

Just completed. This is currently the easiest machine in the active set.
Number of hints here is already more than enough so I will not add anything extra.
Just keep in mind that everything is really simple here. If you make something complicated then this is a rabbit hole.

Rooted in a couple of hours - makes a nice Sunday afternoon box.

# id

Feel free to pm for hints

Just rooted - took my whole sunday (my second ever box!) user1 - lazy web admin, user2 - how can I run this as a different user? root - now that I can do this, can I somehow link it to open something else?

If this is too obvious please remove as spoiler!

root@openadmin:~# id

rooted
thanks for all <3
DM for hints.

I enjoyed this box. It allows us to put into practice a few things we’ve watched IppSec do on earlier machines. IppSec Rocks!! Even the last part I stumbled about at.
I think I was still opening up CherryTree and Burp at the 11minute mark of first blood!! Do you guys use a wad of custom scripts or just have so much experience and super fast typing skills?? Amazing!

Rooted!
Special thanks for @bertalting, @chvancooten, @trollzorftw, @sudneo and @noi for the hints <3.
If someone need for a hint, send a DM.

Hack The Box

rooted :slight_smile: was a fun ride

rooted, pretty fun box, especially good for beginners, because it covers a lot of the fundamentals.

user: enumerate the obvious, look for a certain webpage, the name is a big hint, then search for a public way in. After that look for a new ‘page’ and the box doesn’t always listen on port 80.

root: look for what you can run as root, then gtfo bins

my pms are open if anyone needs a nudge :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I have a lot of messages so sorry if I accidentally passed yours over, Im having some trouble getting to all of them, so Im sorry if it takes a while

rooted, pretty straight forward box. made a few stupid mistakes but no custom exploitation needed. on EU servers a little bit unstable and too much resets

Ok I dont understand I found the j**y , now I feel like a dumb because is like the init shell xD any hint?

Hi guys! This box makes me sweat. I just can’t find a foothold. I used gobuster to find a clue, but it was inconclusive. nmap only shows 80 and 22 ports. I am desperate because I don’t know what to rely on. Give a hint please.

Can anyone help me with getting the very first shell? I dont know what Im looking for when fuzzing the URL

I have completed the box, but I would like to know the unintended way to get root if anyone can PM me please. Thank you