OpenAdmin

Im currently with low-priv shell, with the http:/o** shell.
How do i get out of here?
Thanks.

@bitcraze said:

Im currently with low-priv shell, with the http:/o** shell.
How do i get out of here?
Thanks.

Lots of ls and cat.

Rooted fairly quickly after finding out i was just searching for the wrong thing to gain a foothold (cheers @TuxedoNetcat )…was staring me in the face the whole time. Anyway…

I say rooted in loose terms because i didnt get the root shell, only g******s giving me root.txt contents…

I’d appreciate someone showing me how to get the root shell on the box (we can discuss what i tried and hopefully you can explain why it didnt work, or point on what i did wrong if it was along the right lines)…respect up for grabs :slight_smile:

Hey @TazWake , thanks for the tip, I managed to find run the m***.P** file and got the password b**********, but now when I am trying to ssh -i i*_**a j****a@10.10.10.171, I am getting Load key “id_rsa”: invalid format error
This is my first ever attempt, please ignore stupid questions
Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Sonia12 said:

Hey everyone.

My first ever HTB experience

I have found the users j**** and j******; and a password n***********! from a low priv shell. I have read many comments for hints but I am unsure as to where to go from here. I have been exploring and reading the files but cant seem to find anything else of use. Any guidance/tip would be greatly appreciated.

Remember password reuse is common. There is a port that allows users to log in. Try it.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got on this topic (while on a course) was to obsessively stick to the mantra of: Dump creds; crack creds; use creds.

Finally, root!!

First ever HTB experience, and I enjoyed every second. I must say getting user1 → user2 was the most challenging part for me.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the help . You guys are great!

currently on w**-d*** user
any hint for the next step.
Thanks

I got to the r*******-s**** too but the user is still w**-d***. So is it supposed to be different from the initial foothold?

I’ve been ls, cat and cd-ing for a few days now for user1. Any hints on where to ls, cat and cd? hehe

edit: got user1!

@hackmenot said:

currently on w**-d*** user
any hint for the next step.
Thanks

Try to ls and cat different paths in order to discover/read other files…Enumeration is the key.

I’ve been working on getting User2 for a few days. Still have no idea how to get credentials. I feel it has to do something with i*****l folder and pp scripts in it, but these are not working and I don’t understand how to make them work. PLS help!

finally rooted this box… I did really enjoy it… I found getting to the right user for user.txt was a bit of a pain at first and I don’t feel is an easy box process. Once you sit back, think about what is going on it makes sense. I assume there are multiple ways of getting what you need. I personally had “tunnel” vision to get to the port I wanted. root was easy and done in about 3 minutes… overall… great box and thanks to the creator

So I got the password from the RSA-PRIVATE-KEY I extract it but when I use it to log in even I input the correct password it returns Permission Denied.
Is there any hidden task to do here??

Type your comment> @karTiK010 said:

Type your comment> @kikilass said:

hey guys.
I have got user.txt … any hint for root.txt

Got it. Thanks…

I have cracked ssh key and get the password for jo****na, but can’t ssh the box. Why?

nvm, i got it by forum hints. thanks.

Hi all, first boxer here :slight_smile: hope I can get some help. I cant for the life of me find the creds for user 1.
I know the name of the user and have the basic shell.
I’ve searched for words, browsed file after file going backwards and forwards. I feel like im missing the obvious!!
I need advice to get me going again, any help would be appreciated as im losing the will to live at this point lol
Please and thank you

Type your comment> @TheBigfoot said:

Hi all, first boxer here :slight_smile: hope I can get some help. I cant for the life of me find the creds for user 1.
I know the name of the user and have the basic shell.
I’ve searched for words, browsed file after file going backwards and forwards. I feel like im missing the obvious!!
I need advice to get me going again, any help would be appreciated as im losing the will to live at this point lol
Please and thank you

■■■ I had all the info already copied over to my notes… I’m a fool!! right onto User 2

Hello.
It is my first hack… and i am a noob
for now I can’t do anything :slight_smile:
i have enumerate 2 ports

I advance :slight_smile:
Long live IPAM :slight_smile:

Ok, so I just managed root on this box, but it felt too easy…I could almost swear that someone altered something and just gave me the flag…

Nevermind I went all over it again and realized there was character missing in my notes. Guess that’s a lesson, too…