Olympus

Got root before it retired. Very nice box with some new stuff for me.

@konobi said:
To get root is absolutely genies. It was funny to play with the whales :slight_smile: Best machine ever! @OscarAkaElvis

I asbolutely agree, playing with whales is fun. I didn’t ever think about how they could just be “played”.

Someone did use metasploit? Is it working? I cannot get it to work and i think my parameters are right. No session created… Im attacking x…g.

Metasploit will not help you here!

Good lawd, this was tough. Never had dealings with two critical points, the only lame part was when I had to start guessing for the next stage. I can see why this box is at least a medium difficulty, great job to the creator.

Oh, so x…g is.not the entry point? I don’t find an exploit in another format, only for metasploit… I don’t know if i am on the right track… Any hint by pm please.

@9999volts said:
Oh, so x…g is.not the entry point? I don’t find an exploit in another format, only for metasploit… I don’t know if i am on the right track… Any hint by pm please.

Search on google you’ll find out. And write your own if necessary.

I will try harder, ty.

; ) if you need help: WriteUp - Olympus (HackTheBox) – ironHackers

2 days on this box have tried every single script and tweaked and tweaked but getting nowhere tried IPPSECs methods and a few similar but absolutely nothing for crying out loud i even tried the Metasploit method as i was so frustrated something i never use but even that did not work

Id appreciate it if someone could try this box out for the xdebug exploit and let me know if it indeed is still relevant as something is sorely amiss here

Thanks

To say i could not get on this box and wasted 2 days trying left me with a bad taste in my mouth i had to resort to reading the hints which has led me to believe that users in certain parts of the world cannot even begin rooting this box

Has HTB no solution at all to those users who cannot enjoy this box as i can confirm i have tried every script including my own and even resorted to Metasploit but no joy

No i wont purchase a digital Ocean box for all the people who commented this to other students SHAME as it looks like ill have to give this a miss unless any helpful student can give me any welcome advice