Olympus

Someone who has done the DNS part, please PM, I want to confirm something

Got shell, but i don’t know what to do. I have the flight file and its credentials. :d
Edit: nvm it was a hard box for me but i learn so much :slight_smile:
hint for root: don’t overthink it is in front of you. (it was for me and i spend so many hours in it) .

I don’t know how the God could help to move step forward;please I need ur help

Got user. It was a long way - I learned a lot.

Finally got root - what a journey :expressionless:

Other than the one part where we have to guess, great box!

Very nice box! Although the guessing part was driving me crazy… Feel free to PM me for non-spoiler hints.

Trying to move onto the next step after crackin. I’ve tried entering what people are calling Rhodes with the info, but am missing 50% of what I need I think. I may be thinking too too too too hard, too soon? A PM would be radical. Thanks!

I’ve been stuck on Rhodes for what seems like an eternity. Gratefully accepting any hints at this point.

Can someone who has done the p*** ********g stage on on rhodes PM me. I am at that stage but I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please HELP

@gregX01 said:
Can someone who has done the p*** ********g stage on on rhodes PM me. I am at that stage but I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please HELP

Dont worry, Done with this, working on priv esc now

@bottaflokka said:
I’ve been stuck on Rhodes for what seems like an eternity. Gratefully accepting any hints at this point.

same here…

To get to Rhodes, maybe try using some info from Zeus’s capture that you don’t have to crack. Also, who would be using that string to identify something?

Got it! PM for hints. This box is a little crazy if you’re unfamiliar with some technologies.

Finally owned user and root. Learned a ton along the way! Great box!

LOL. IP address of Rhodes is in the same Class C network as my local network. So, routing is weird.

@baegmon said:
Just fyi, the initial entry point will not work for people that live far away from the EU servers (or even US). Initially, I had to use another rooted machine to run an exploit for the entry and that got annoying so I purchased VIP and tried the US servers (200ms still doesn’t work) so I ended up just using my DigitalOcean VPS located in the US and ran the exploit from there and it worked fine.

Heya, I am wondering if this is where I am stuck. An exploit for X***** **5? I have 250ms latency. Am I on the right track, and if so, any other way round it?

Cheers

Rooted!

I’ve just joined last week and downed 7 boxes. Of all the ones I’ve done so far this was the most fun.

Good variety of tricks of the trade + the Greek mythology was fun!

@Bscratch said:

@baegmon said:
Just fyi, the initial entry point will not work for people that live far away from the EU servers (or even US). Initially, I had to use another rooted machine to run an exploit for the entry and that got annoying so I purchased VIP and tried the US servers (200ms still doesn’t work) so I ended up just using my DigitalOcean VPS located in the US and ran the exploit from there and it worked fine.

Heya, I am wondering if this is where I am stuck. An exploit for X***** **5? I have 250ms latency. Am I on the right track, and if so, any other way round it?

Cheers

I didn’t have the issue, but it sounds like you’re on the right path. If you have another box rooted, maybe pivot from there?

Hi there… I managed to get the root flag without spawning a root shell. is there a way to get shell as root? pm… tnxs

Stuck on accessing the portal to hades for a while now… I’m quite sure about the technique to open the portal, but I can’t figure out on how to connect to the IP address… am I missing something?

EDIT: nvm, got it. How could I miss such a simple thing!