Official Survival of the Fittest Discussion

Official discussion thread for Survival of the Fittest. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Searching for the RPC URL mentioned in the docks

{docker_host_IPaddress:port}/rpc web endpoint results in:

error 405 “Method not allowed”

Is that apart of the challenge?

1 Like

Why is a woman fighting monsters?

I have the same situation : when deploying an initial contract using RPC URL spawned ip and port always I get an error: 405 “Method not allowed”. What I’m doing wrong? Can anybody give me a nudge?

1 Like

No.It’s not a part of the challenge. I finally figured out this challenge and managed to overcome 405 error. In my case it was incorrect address. I used / instead of /rpc and of course I got always 405 error.

If someone is new to these kinds of challenges, the first challenge contains a docs section (in the top left corner) with very useful information for getting started.

1 Like

Hello When I try to interact with the smart-contract I have this error : (code: -32000, message: intrinsic gas too high, data: None)

cast send 0x2A2E32Fa3c21646DD4D4cba5827Adec43a6d9C1D “strongAttack(uint256)” 20 --rpc-url http://94.237.49.138:32519/rpc --private-key 0xd5fc936a17b635f0b7fd8d3c3cb2641f60e0cf51e9149761c501a11fb6ee4976

Error:
(code: -32000, message: intrinsic gas too high, data: None)

What I do badly ?

hello! I can’t find the docs you are referring to. Can you please provide me a screenshot or a link?

startup the docker instance and then go to http://<YOUR-INSTANCE>/docs or to home and youll find in in the top left corner.

can someone help me with this error i get when trying to cast send
Error:
server returned an error response: error code -32602: unknown field input , expected one of from , to , gasPrice , maxFeePerGas , maxPriorityFeePerGas , gas , value , data , nonce , chainId , accessList , type

nvm solved it by adding couple gas parameter

1 Like

for anybody else reading this, use an earlier build of foundry/cast. As of time of writing, the latest nightly build sends a random input field, which errors out the service.

1 Like

same, were you able to solve this issue

I get the same issue, if someone could give me an example of adding gas parameters that would be great :wink:
Also I am not sure how I could got to an earlier build of cast, when I tried that the install script just failed

this is the parameter that i add

--value 0 --gas-limit 1000000 --gas-price 20000000000