Official Paper Discussion

What tool are you referring to?
Care to elaborate in DM?

I canā€™t seem to get a foot hold on the machineā€¦ Any help guys ?

1 Like

super fun box, first one I completed without a walk through! was a blast finally getting it working! Thanks for making it!

2 Likes

Very fun box!

I am within my first year learning and this box really tested my knowledge of the basic fundamentals.
Great feeling once you get rootā€¦

many thanks @secnigma

I look forward to your next challenge

1 Like

I really enjoyed this box, kinda makes me want to start watching the office now

1 Like

Can anyone pm me for a nudge? Iā€™m kinda stuck and dont know where to go.

i managed to get *. but firefox just says webserver not found
even after adding ip.ip.ip.ip paper.htb to /etc/hosts and trying *..htb and *. it still does not work, anyone knows why?

didnt work for me for some odd reason

This is my first box and Iā€™m fairly stuck at this point. I did the initial service scans got the info required to get to the actual page. Enumerated that site as well as visited the site and read a lot of clues on where to get more information Iā€™m just at a loss on how to get to where that information is. I feel like Iā€™m in jail and canā€™t get out until I talk to an inmate. I just donā€™t know how to talk to him. Any nudges would help.

check same stuff in headers. btw, why paper.htb?

try to DM somebody if you canā€™t write in group

gotta address the inmate directly and on the exact terms he lays out for you

Thanks for the tip. I have addressed the inmate and into the chat now. just trying to figure out if I can reverse shell from there or something like that. Iā€™m pretty new to this so it is taking me a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

will not reverse shell
you must find credentials

2 Likes

For anyone struggling with root, make sure you use the version of linpeas from 5 days ago. The one updated today (2/9) doesnā€™t find what weā€™re looking for.

5 Likes

Oh. Thatā€™s how I got the user flagā€¦ I guess I did something wrong.

Very funny box :rofl: Thanks @secnigma ! I donā€™t feel the pain :slightly_smiling_face:

Foothold : donā€™t listen to comments saying to use all the recon tools you know. The catch is just in front of your eyes with a special header giving you the next virtual server

User : The bot is rubbish :crazy_face: See a special hidden file that gives you the necessary to connect to the other service showed by nmap.

Root : The easy CVE is working. Iā€™m looking for the complicated one.

Iā€™m not able to post the flags. Did anyone encounter that problem?

2 Likes

Also liked that one :wink: Thanks @secnigma ^^

Pretty nice and easy box to root (especially the privesc)

User is a 3 steps process but all steps chains nicely :wink:

1 Like

I tried paper too

Really liked the box! Great job @secnigma! This is the one I will always remember as the first one I did without a bit of cheating. Skill improvement. =)

Funny thing is, that I was able to finish it without any tools or scripts, with exception to a little Burping in the beginning.

Thanks again for the box and the work on it!

If someone needs help, send me a DM.

Cheers!

3 Likes