Official Paper Discussion

Yeah… finally found the bot and now the box is unreachable when I ping it :confused:

Same, getting “server not found”

Awesome box so far!

User:

1. I wonder what headers the server is sending back.
  2. Read the comments, find the exploit.
  3. If your injections fail, think about what you CAN do. Maybe you should get one-eye to know himself a bit better?

Root:

1. Enumerate enumerate enumerate. Pretty straightforward!

Yeah finally, got stuck too many times :frowning:

Foothold:
did you really read/looked at all of the output you got?

User:
thanks to @Nixsploit, definitely use an API-Key for the tool and you will get it what to do :slight_smile:

root:
a something something what prints you out 4000+ lines of enumeration tells you pretty straight
forward what to do. (if sec****a don’t work, try out boris)

never mind me, I figured it out. Lesson learnt.

Would be helpful if somebody can pm about an issue I’m having. I’ve already gained system access but now when I go to upgrade shells with “stty raw -echo; fg” my session in terminal becomes completely unresponsive. I can see my NC listener session that I paused to upgrade the shell but when I input the command my terminal refuses to respond and I’m forced to manually close it.

Same password as for r-c—ops :slight_smile:

Got user flag. Have been stuck quite a lot and would’nt have done it without the help of this forum.

About to get root hopefully.

// Now content that might be distracting for people trying to get user flag / maybe not:
Can you guys tell me: I once was able to login to c–t as r-c—ops and I got the message that I’m not allowed to login. But still I had access to the full c–t with the user list and I even saw other HTB-Users accounts that were logged in. Is that in any way intended??? @secnigma maybe?

// Edit:
While the above question bothers me still, I have rooted the box.

What made me struggle with root: Make sure to really read and understand the instructions of the exploit you’re using …

1 Like

Thank you for the box secnigma, really enjoyed it!

User flag: keep on talking and look for all the files you can access
Root: PEASS is your friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there,
Sorry about the late reply.
If you are able to login to c–t as r-c—ops, then that is definitely unintended and it is most probably a glitch in the r—tc–t application.

Hi @secnigma, I’m getting the following error when i try to access to c*** website.

“Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ws://c***/sockjs/451/jgd4_u84/websocket”

Tried with Parrot, Kali and also with Chrome, but no way to load the c*** page.

how added to hosts?

The problem is not that, the page starts loading, I can even see the .ico and some technologies with Wappalyzer. But it cannot load the page at all, idk if it’s just for me…

1 Like

Listen to the wizard…

Thanks @secnigma, this was a fun and educational box!

For both initial foothold and privesc you just need to do the right kind of enumeration. After that, just follow the bread crumbs. As a result of this box, I added a new item in my Linux privesc enumeration checklist. DM me if you would like any nudges.

1 Like

Sorry about the late reply.
You should enumerate a little deeper, instead of guessing blindly.
If you are still stuck, you could try the HTB discord or DM someone here.

1 Like

Hi, the secret page is not loading properly receiving an empty page any help pls.
added both *** to hosts file

1 Like

same issue here

1 Like

Just rooted the machine, took me a little to get the trick for foothold. Nice work @secnigma, I had a lot of fun!
Cheers!

1 Like

I managed to finally get the user.txt from d****t’s homedir but it’s not accepted at htb, anyone else had this issue?

Tried a reset and that didn’t help either.