Official Omni Discussion

I´m stuck even after login with user and password when I try to import the flags I have this error Error occurred during a cryptographic operation. and before I had this message Access to the path ‘***********’ is denied.
I did all my research and look that I must import but I have those errors :frowning:

am I missing something else or cryptographic operation is not working properly ?

@H4FN said:

am I missing something else or cryptographic operation is not working properly ?

The account matters.

I am able to write Powershell files, execute the Powershell scripts written, but I am failing to execute any of the usual PS reverse shells I’ve used in the past. Could someone PM me with some help. Thanks.

Type your comment> @thegingerninja said:

I am able to write Powershell files, execute the Powershell scripts written, but I am failing to execute any of the usual PS reverse shells I’ve used in the past. Could someone PM me with some help. Thanks.

Stuck at the same spot. Please let me know what you hear.

Type your comment> @H4FN said:

I´m stuck even after login with user and password when I try to import the flags I have this error Error occurred during a cryptographic operation. and before I had this message Access to the path ‘***********’ is denied.
I did all my research and look that I must import but I have those errors :frowning:

If you store your password encrypted in a file, would you let anyone to decrypt it? ?

@H4FN

Microsoft docs will help you out. As Taz said, users matter.

@mf10cka @thegingerninja

There are still some classic ways to get a reverse shell! You can give it a try. :slight_smile:

This is the first machine I root all by myself and I’m happy :slight_smile: If anyone need a hint, feel free to PM me!

^ ^ got shell - thanks @gunroot!

Rooted !! thanks @gunroot and @TazWake for the tips !! I did the same today and all worked right … I learned new things with this machine thanks @egre55 !!

Type your comment> @gs4l said:

Type your comment> @H4FN said:

If you store your password encrypted in a file, would you let anyone to decrypt it? ?

yeaah I was blind focused only on decrypt it !! :sweat_smile: !! new things with powershell for me !

How is that box ranked easy ?! This is a pretty rare OS, and you need to use a pretty obscure tool, with pretty uncommon techniques.

Mmmmm

“ImportError: No module named hexdump”
Any one has the same problem…

@Jk3r said:

pip3 install (modulename) is normally a good solution, unless you absolutely must use python2 then pip2 install (modulename) helps.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Jk3r said:

pip3 install (modulename) is normally a good solution, unless you absolutely must use python2 then pip2 install (modulename) helps.

Thank you bro !! finally worked =D

Been out of this game for a while - thought I’d start with an easy box…mm - easy? Foothold is easy enough, but this file/s I am supposed to decrypt…how do I find them if I am just my lonely kind of “default” guy…??? And not an “omni” guy - default guys have access to NOTHING - it seems…so how do I find what I am looking for with limited access? Tried “-Forcing” PS and to produce “hidden” stuff too, tried to see what attributes may lead me to success with cmd line - but nada…any hints?

@c140 said:

Been out of this game for a while - thought I’d start with an easy box…mm - easy? Foothold is easy enough, but this file/s I am supposed to decrypt…how do I find them if I am just my lonely kind of “default” guy…??? And not an “omni” guy - default guys have access to NOTHING - it seems…so how do I find what I am looking for with limited access? Tried “-Forcing” PS and to produce “hidden” stuff too, tried to see what attributes may lead me to success with cmd line - but nada…any hints?

This might help: Official Omni Discussion - Page 7 — Hack The Box :: Forums

I’m having trouble with a foothold. i got what i wanted on the machine, got it to say hello, then it says goodbye after a few seconds…bad kitty.

Rooted! After the initial script gets working, its free flow from there. Feel free to ask if you have any problems.