Official Meta Discussion

Look for an exploit tool on the net

Did you get any help?

Have the same problem. I use popular exiftool exploit script to generate jpg but it seems like the site doesnt execute it. I changed IP in the script to my Kali VM and set port to 9090 then i nc on this port and upload the image but nothing happens. Any ideas?

That was a strange box. It was soooo hard for me to get user from initial foothold, but then I got root in like 10 minutes :open_mouth:

Iā€™ve been stuck trying to get User for two days. I have a shell and I can make the .s** file work for me when I trigger it directly but no matter what I try I canā€™t get it to work in the way it needs to. Iā€™ve tried so many different payloads etc. to try and avoid root getting in the way with its job but I canā€™t get it to work. A PM with a nudge would be appreciatedā€¦

When I try to exploit the imagemaā€¦ to obtain user I get the following error ā€œUnknown IO errorā€. Iā€™ve tried several rce images from several public exploits but with no successā€¦

Done :slight_smile: User part was way harder than privilege escalation, which took me like 15 minutes. If you need any help, PM.

got user, but failed to pop a reverse shell as userā€¦ :rofl:

I have been stuck on getting user for a long time now. I believe I am on the right track but just canā€™t get it to work! Anyone willing to DM to double check for me?

Edit: Finally got user and root not too long after!

i found a subdomain and this box is related to exiftool exploitation , if you want more come to my discord

Cuddos to @Nauten for creating this. I donā€™t review many boxes but made sure to leave this one 5 stars.
A correctly rated machine with a logical approach to exploitation.

1 Like