Official Mentor Discussion

i’ve reset the box, but still no hidden site, or I am missing something obvious?

are you fuzzing the vhost correctly?

1 Like

one lesson that I learn from this machine is when you fuff vhosts, you should add -mc all flag in case the vhost homepage status code is 404.

1 Like

Hey, Thanks for hint, got the sub.

Having trouble with the privilege escalation. Any hint would be appreciated. I’ve done my usual enumeration and found some interesting stuff just not enough to privesc.

One more machine completely solvable without burpsuite :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
This one can be really confusing in most parts, and I spent straight nearly 12 hours on it, some of the vulnerabilities are well hidden

For those using gobuster to find the subdomain, I solved the issue appending -r as parameter, this may help future people coming for the machine

But aside from that, if anyone need any help, just send me a message, R is always here :heart:

enumeration is important to privesc to second user
at last part, a machine creator must have been tired :sweat_smile:

Can anyone help with the foothold on this box?

I’ve found an interesting vhost, and the docs endpoint. I’ve used the api to create a user but when I send a request to another endpoint, I get a field missing error even though I’ve pasted The Thing into (what i think) is the correct place.

What’s really throwing me is when i check the headers of the request itself, that field isn’t even being sent… I’m obviously doing something wrong, but can’t figure out what it is…

In this one you are going to need to keep watch on hundreds of logs :laughing:

I sent you a message regarding the machine, it is not hard at all :heart:

1 Like

Finally rooted… the recon/enumeration phase kicked my ■■■■ - learned some interesting new tools & techniques along the way, though!

Thanks to @Paradise_R for the gentle, spolier-free nudge to help me get my toe in the door.

Privesc to root was pretty uncomplicated but man, after foothold → user, I feel like I need a lie down now.

1 Like

headers are important… try common api conventions once you are authorized

I have admin access to the API but I don’t know where to go from here. I’ve tried all the injections that I can think of but none of them have done anything interesting. Any tips?

Hello,

I need some help please.

Do we have to “play” with the registration of a new user ?

Not exactly… you’ll need something else before the door is open to you.

PM with me with where you’ve got to, and I’ll try to help.

finally rooted.

keep this in mind for all related efforts!
some tools / tool versions cannot work due to this. (i’ve wasted too much time here)

Hi i’m currently doing this machine.

I’m having trouble to do request to the api. I was about to attempt to bypass the login but i’m not able do to request to the machine.

Do you have the same problem ?

PS : nevermind just changed vpn it’s back again

Range environment is out of the question? Why I take James users to create still shows “Only admin users can access this resource”,Is there a brother can tell me,please PM me

Can’t do any request and can’t reset :sob: