Official Inject Discussion

I’m having a lot of issues finding a way to root. I’ve gotten access to both users but I really have no clue where to look for privesc. I thought that using binaries with SUID bits set would work and tried looking at GTFObins but that didn’t get me anywhere. Could someone DM me with a hint that points me in the right direction?

DM if anyone needs tips

Rooted after a couple days of sporadic trying. The hints in this forum are plenty to get you through it. Huge thanks to @Paradise_R for those. It took me a little while to get the initial part of the foothold but I think I was maybe forgetting a ‘/’!

1 Like

Finally rooted
User part is amazing! Got to exploit new vulnerability

Just rooted! Was stuck for a while on finding initial foothold. I had already written off the vulnerability that led to user, but @Paradise_R hints were super helpful and helped me loop back and try harder

1 Like

Okay I must be going insane here. I have one user, I found a file with a password in it, but it won’t let me use it for the other user. ssh says permission denied, and trying to su from the first user just ends up hanging due to lack of tty I think.

Can anyone help me out, is this password just a rabbit hole? Am I on the right track or what?

Su should work, maybe you should change to /bin/bash before using the command :thinking:

Rooted. Thanks to @B1ghead

1 Like

This was easy box more tedious than some medium boxes but GG lol

Suddenly getting a 500 internal error while searching for foothold.
This happened last night too.
I can’t even update a new image file, something breaks I guess.

Getting an Internal Error 500 is to be expected as pointed out by a previous user. What exactly have you tried doing?

I was struggling to get a foothold with the default payload. Using a different one worked for me then.

Someone can help me pls !! I tested the payload it work for touch a file, so the rce is working, but any curl, wget or other isn’t working ?! i cant get a foothold ?? HELP !!!

hey do you know how to solve this
ssh is not working for me even if i give the correct password

like i upload a file, then execute it but i dont have the reverse shell ?!

Sometimes the machine won’t let you connect by ssh and you will need to use “su ” inside a shell :smiling_face:

got it and it worked thank you :+1: :+1: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

My yml files delete and don’t run. any advice?

Pawned it!!! This has become one of my favorite challenges. If anybody needs a nudge, just DM me.

1 Like

try msfvenom generate a payload.elf, upload and execute