Official Delivery Discussion

Could someone dm and give me a hint? Internal enumeration has always been my shortcoming. Finished user quickly but cannot for the life of me find the h**h for root, I know exactly what to do once I get it, but I can’t seem to find where it is.

root@Delivery:~# whoami; id
root
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
nice to see an easier box :slight_smile:

Great box! Thx! Rooted. PM me for nudge

Cool box !
As usual, what blocked me for a long time is being too focused on something to the point I forget about what’s around. Take a step back, breathe, think of the things you encountered on the way and you should be fine.
For newcomers there might be some difficulties related to not knowing tools, but apart from that there’s no crazy stuff involved.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Am i supposed to have access to the .htb domain? Because i dont

Namaste y’all. Looking for a nudge on user. Thanks.

@SniffMan said:

Not sure I understand the question, sorry. There isn’t a domain on HTB. You can add a specific domain name to your hosts file if you want to access it via hostname rather than IP.

@TazWake said:

@SniffMan said:

Not sure I understand the question, sorry. There isn’t a domain on HTB. You can add a specific domain name to your hosts file if you want to access it via hostname rather than IP.

There is a link on the webpage for the box that directs to a .htb domain

@SniffMan said:

@TazWake said:

@SniffMan said:

There is a link on the webpage for the box that directs to a .htb domain

So the last sentence was probably the most relevant.

So iv been having an issue and iv searched all over and cant find the solution.
My problem is that when i connect to vpn and head to the box url it works BUT ANY url that ends with a “.htb” it loads and loads then doesnt connect and gives me a “Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.” error. Im new to HTB and i assumed that it was just a filler or something for looks to add more realism to the site but im stuck and its all i got so is there a way to access this and if so why cant i?

@GlitchDSA said:

My problem is that when i connect to vpn and head to the box url it works BUT ANY url that ends with a “.htb” it loads and loads then doesnt connect and gives me a “Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.” error.

Scroll up a few questions:

Im new to HTB

You might get some value out of working through the starting point boxes and some of the retired ones following Ippsec’s videos.

and i assumed that it was just a filler or something for looks to add more realism to the site but im stuck and its all i got so is there a way to access this and if so why cant i?

There is no DNS on HTB.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@GlitchDSA said:

My problem is that when i connect to vpn and head to the box url it works BUT ANY url that ends with a “.htb” it loads and loads then doesnt connect and gives me a “Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.” error.

Official Delivery Discussion - Page 7 — Hack The Box :: Forums

Im new to HTB

You might get some value out of working through the starting point boxes and some of the retired ones following Ippsec’s videos.

and i assumed that it was just a filler or something for looks to add more realism to the site but im stuck and its all i got so is there a way to access this and if so why cant i?

There is no DNS on HTB.

“You might get some value out of working through the starting point boxes and some of the retired ones following Ippsec’s videos.”
i cant get vip im broke :neutral:

And a better way to ask my question is how can i access the help desk link and if its to much of a hint then thats fine :disappointed:

Type your comment> @GlitchDSA said:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@GlitchDSA said:

Official Delivery Discussion - Page 7 — Hack The Box :: Forums

Im new to HTB

There is no DNS on HTB.

“You might get some value out of working through the starting point boxes and some of the retired ones following Ippsec’s videos.”
i cant get vip im broke :neutral:

And a better way to ask my question is how can i access the help desk link and if its to much of a hint then thats fine :disappointed:

i apologize i figured it out, i just added it to my host file :smile:

@GlitchDSA said:

i apologize i figured it out, i just added it to my host file :smile:

Awesome.

Great box and as real as it gets IMO. Sometimes, those creative solutions from developers have consequences. If you are struggling and not seeing anything meaningful in your tools, take a step back and spend time using the applications with just a browser and something will stand out.

Rooted, Fun box.
DM me if someone need’s help :smile: .

How did we come to know that the creds should be used to login via s**? I used the creds in the page which was mentioned there and then got stuck.

@gs4l said:

How did we come to know that the creds should be used to login via s**? I used the creds in the page which was mentioned there and then got stuck.

There are two parts to the response here:

• You don’t often “know” where creds need to be used. Credential reuse is a thing. If you get creds you should always try them in as many ways as possible. For example, don’t assume that a set of creds you find for some non-existent WP database are useless, try them everywhere else (that is not a hint for this box, it is an example)

• Linux has lots of ways to authenticate. Dont fall into the habit of trying one then stopping.

I’m completely stuck with root. Can someone please dm me for some nudge?

Ahhh nevermind guys, i’m incredibly stupid and careless

hey i had a lot of trouble. i never got the email veri. i tried signing up many times to no avial. nonetheless i got user.

having trouble on root now. got to the file that shows credentials, but… cant seem to login. i mean it’s there, even read the Ma******** documentation, which clearly says user:password. hope someone can help me