Official Bucket Discussion

Type your comment> @ldsec said:

Hey I’m stuck on foothold. I can change the main page but I don’t seem to understand how I can get a shell. Can someone PM me for help?

me too, i got creds from dyno and im able to load js but i still can’t get a shell or RCE… any hint?
Ty

@hetan check what you can do with the environment you’re in.
Buckets need to get their files in there somehow :slight_smile:

Well I can upload whatever i want but isn’t s# for static content only? so I don’t get what u mean… i already tried every single cli commands related to s#/##api etc… but maybe i’m missing something… can you pm me?

@hetan said:

Well I can upload whatever i want but isn’t s# for static content only?

I’d test this rather than assuming it was correct.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@hetan said:

Well I can upload whatever i want but isn’t s# for static content only?

I’d test this rather than assuming it was correct.

… well sometimes you have to think outside the box :sweat_smile:

Rooted :smiley:

Foothold:

simple enumeration will guide you in the right place
Enum the right place
Docs

User:

And you already have it

root:

Easiest part. the traditional scritps will bloat your screen, you should notice that! (examine the folder. you could not do that before)

Any nudges just ask :wink:

Damnnn finally i rooted this box! It was funny and root was interesting :smiley:

Hmmmm. Much like others, I can move files around to s* bucket but can’t seem to find a path forward. I have tried multiple shells. Any nudges would be appreciated.

Nice box so far. Learned a lot about “Buckets!”

Root !

Other small hints :

Access/User :
Don’t hesitate to spam F5, it doesn’t stay long…

Root :
You “just” need to chain commands on the box with the right payload :slight_smile:

Not too sure about that machine. I liked the research phase and learning about new tools, it’s always cool, not only for the specific things your learn, but for the general flow you get about it.
But that “speed” challenge led me to believe things didn’t work and made me lose a few hours. That’s kinda sad when you spend three hours looking in another direction because you were one second late on the refreshing…
Anyway, on my way to root now !

P.S : I, once again, had trouble with the user flag. What happened was I was going through a VPN, but my “Access” page on the classic HTB platform was registering me on another one. So I downloaded the file HTB thought I was using, and could submit the flag. Next time you can’t submit a flag, try to check if the VPN you’re using and the one registered within HTB don’t mismatch.

Edit : WOW ! I changed my mind. I LOVED the root part.
Thank you @MrR3boot that was really cool !

Don’t mind me

Finally rooted the box, amazing box learned a lot of stuff from it, if anyone needs a hint drop a message and I’d be happy to help :smile:

hey guys im struggleing so hard on root flag any help would be nice and appreciated

Hey guys! I’m a little bit desperate with this box, I think I’m very close to get the foothold, but not yet! I can upload files into "adr" s*, I see the 3 jg/pg files in the bt and the location on the main website, and of course I see the dyno wl. I’m trying to upload J, P* but it is not executed on server side. Am I on the right way? I think I have all the ingredients to make the cake but I can not see the way… very much appreciate if someone can sent me by PM a little nudge to clarify me. Many thanks in advance!

hey can someone give me some hints? i got creds and can f* to get oin* inr**ce

@OogaLooga1843 said:

,but when i f* to get oin* inr**ce its going away too fast

Type your comment> @OogaLooga1843 said:

@OogaLooga1843 said:

,but when i f* to get oin* inr**ce its going away too fast

can someone please pm me if you have any hints,im pretty desperate

@bastok said:

I’m trying to upload J**, P** but it is not executed on server side. Am I on the right way?

You’re going the right way. Look for what you upload in a different place where things you upload belong and can serve the purpose.

Type your comment> @r0mar10 said:

You’re going the right way. Look for what you upload in a different place where things you upload belong and can serve the purpose.

Thanks, finally I’ve got user flag! Many thanks for the nudges. For me, the key point is to know the link between the main website and s*. Then you have all the ingredients to get the user flag. Now I’ll try the root stage, probably harder… :blush:

Hey all,
This is my first box (not so sure if it’s a wise choice haha), and I’m pretty stuck.
I found the s* service, I am able to upload files, and know how to access them from the main domain, but when I access them they’re not being executed. Also found the creds and the d******* s***.
Tried extra enum, reading through a**-c** docs and reading this discussion but no luck so far.
Any hints?
Thanks!