Official BoardLight Discussion

V-h0st enumeration guys, like there’s fuff-ing tomorrow. That’s your initial vector.

i tried i cant find anything

Just rooted, nice box!
If anyone is struggling to get root, maybe you can try updating linpeas. Feel free to DM me for hints.

I can’t work fast enough to get the payload in place, the automatic reset is faster than I am.

What specifically did you try? PM me.

I was lucky on that one to use a certain CVE that has a python exploit available. Although the exploit did not work per se, it allowed me to bypass this problem :wink:

1 Like

In my case, gobuster fails everytime I don’t know why, instead using ffuf works perfect.

1 Like

Rooted.

Here’s a tip for anyone struggling to gain root access: The group membership of a specific user is a red herring. Don’t waste an hour, like I did, sifting through logs.

3 Likes

Just rooted, nice, and very easy box even for me!

The name of the machine always helps.

1 Like

FFUF and gobuster, can’t seem to find this subdomain. Have used numerous wordlist. Think I am going mad

FFUF can find subdomain, make sure you are updating your /etc/hosts.
For me: I’m stuck inside a admin portal, don’t know how to get RCE from there?
Any hints or nudges? Thanks

1 Like

m4chx thanks for the great addvise on the /etc/hosts. The thing is that i am not picking up the subdomain

Bruh, I’m stuck at www-data. I’ve already tried all credential hunting methods, but no hits. :frowning:
PS: I already run linpeas

2 Likes

Im still struggling with subdomain enum… Im using ffuf with -H flag for vhost…Ive been using one of the subdomain lists from seclist@ but yet no result :(((

I guess I should have known my habit of just creating the hosts entry $challengename.htb without looking at the actual content was going to bite me one day.

4 Likes

pat on back to myself.

If anyone who is struggling with subdomain enum

1. As @tylerkay said, revisit your habit of adding challenge name in your hosts entry.
  2. Double check the website…maybe you can find a hint
  3. gobuster, ffuf works. It’s not the list issue. It’s probably your config issue.
2 Likes

Pwned:)
feel free to DM me if you are stuck and need to be pointed in the right direction.

I got the password for a user and logged in using ssh, but how you got the user ?

Fun box !!
I was very frustrated doubted myself but it’s just : make sure you do well whatever you do :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for helping hint!!!
If i can say somthing: just go on with your usual enum and be aware of what you will find with when enumerating root (maybe you won’t find it in G**)

Continuing the discussion from Official BoardLight Discussion:

FINALLY: