Official Blackfield Discussion

Could use some help currently trying to get first creds (with im…) but always get
“In order to perform this opera
tion a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v4563” didnt find a solution yet am I missing something ?

–Done

Rooted, at last! Took a very long time as this was my first hard box. Huge shoutout and thanks to @CurioCT for helping me all along and being so patient. Learnt a lot from this machine, thank you @aas !

Having the same issue as others regarding root with copying… privileges should allow it but it’s not possible. Any hints? managed to figure it out. Google was my friend after all

the hash from root.txt is not accepted on HTB. wtf?

Type your comment> @tegdimyrgna said:

Is anyone running into problems with enum4linux stopping midway through the users list? Mine keeps stopping using the creds for the first account with a user who starts with ‘Ru’ and I can’t get it to display everything. I tried Nessus and it looks like the third character of that username is a special character. Is there any way to make that work? The users first name is ‘RužA’

You can try a rewrite of the same called enum4linux-ng. It’s a python3 update on the tool and it worked nicely for me. in additon it has a few enhancements compared to the original.

Type your comment> @UrfinJuice said:

I’m having the same error, anyone else?

Hi, I got the s*****t creds but dont know how to continue from there. I tried to enum further but did not really find anything useful (checked rc,sb,evil tool wont allow access). Please PM for nudges/help. Thanks.

@galactizoid said:

It’s worth raising a Jira ticket for this. If HTB don’t know the dynamic hashes have a problem, they don’t know to fix it.

The last operation failed.
- Returned HRESULT: 80042302
- Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED

any one know who to handle this??

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@galactizoid said:

It’s worth raising a Jira ticket for this. If HTB don’t know the dynamic hashes have a problem, they don’t know to fix it.

just look back in this thread as well as the other boxes from may and june… many of us had to reset a box just to get user or root flags to turn in. Appreciate the reason for dynamic flags (though there are many arguments to be had that it is pointless as well)

@zer0bubble said:

just look back in this thread as well as the other boxes from may and june… many of us had to reset a box just to get user or root flags to turn in. Appreciate the reason for dynamic flags (though there are many arguments to be had that it is pointless as well)

Totally agree. However, if people are just mentioning it in threads and resetting the box until it works, HTB won’t know there is a problem. I’ve never had a hurdle submitting a flag but if anyone does, they really do need to raise a ticket.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@zer0bubble said:

Totally agree. However, if people are just mentioning it in threads and resetting the box until it works, HTB won’t know there is a problem. I’ve never had a hurdle submitting a flag but if anyone does, they really do need to raise a ticket.

i don’t think they are ready for that… i had to do it for blackfield both flags, root flag for blunder, and user flag for fuse… 4 out of 6 flags for past 3 weeks…

@zer0bubble said:

i don’t think they are ready for that… i had to do it for blackfield both flags, root flag for blunder, and user flag for fuse… 4 out of 6 flags for past 3 weeks…

That sucks, I don’t envy you having to go through that.

However, just to reiterate, it won’t get fixed because no one responsible for it realises it is a problem. If they get inundated with tickets showing what isn’t working they will know something has to be done.

From what I can gather, HTB is quite quick at responding to tickets.

Could use a nudge on second user enumerated with rpc and found interesting privs for su… user but don’t know how to use them atm :confused:

– Done

anyone else having issues submitting the root flag. tried resetting the machine but same issue?

@wooly13 said:

anyone else having issues submitting the root flag. tried resetting the machine but same issue?

Scroll up a few questions to see the last round of discussion on this.

Rooted !

Pretty cool box, PM if needed :slight_smile:

hi, did someone manage to get the tool w___e__c.py to work with the generated .cc___e file ? I managed to login differently but would like to know how this can be achieved with this tool I do get this strange error message: [-] SMB SessionError: STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED({Still Busy} The specified I/O request packet (IRP) cannot be disposed of because the I/O operation is not complete.). Send me a PM if you know how to get this working … thanks

Rooted, flag is not working, resetted several times… Is this still part of the Machine? :smiley:

@Tecn0mancer said:

Rooted, flag is not working, resetted several times… Is this still part of the Machine? :smiley:

No, it’s not part of the challenge. I’d suggest filing a ticket, so that HTB gets aware of how broken the dynamic flags sometimes are: HTB Support on JIRA - News - Hack The Box :: Forums