Obscure Challenge

@zaBogdan said:

An interesting machine. The foothold is the hardest part. After you get the shell is just code understanding.

This is the thread for Obscure, not Obscurity :wink:

1 Like

Great challenge. easy to follow, fun to decode, and learned to use about five tools if not more. No gotcha steps, a couple red herrings, fun to think about and execute.

Type your comment> @zaBogdan said:

The foothold is the hardest part.

Absolutely! Directory fuzzing doesn’t give any clue. Am I missing something?

Do I have to de-obfuscate the s****t.php file? Or must I use the PCAP?

@artikrh thank you very much for the challenge liked a lot

Type your comment> @NVQXE23I said:

Do I have to de-obfuscate the s****t.php file? Or must I use the PCAP?

You have to use both to solve, read the challenge intro again

@artikrh Great challenge that one was fun =).

@artikrh i almost had no prior knowledge to php ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but the challenge helped me learn a lot . The description is well written and clear with no random guessing. So a big thank you

Thanks for this challenge, by far the funnest one I’ve done yet

Hey guys. I managed to decode the commands but unable to extract k**x file. Can anyone please give me nudge? Thanks in advance

@artikrh amazing challenge… man, I had a blast going through this, getting stuck, then realizing something and getting unstuck… Very nice! Well done!

As a general tip, if you manage to decode the attacker’s commands, try to research a bit the file type and see how you can ‘open’ it :slight_smile: … there’s no need to ‘extract’ it somehow, you’ll just see it there if you managed to get to that point.

Type your comment> @nkhan95 said:

Hey guys. I managed to decode the commands but unable to extract k**x file. Can anyone please give me nudge? Thanks in advance

Finally… :slight_smile: thanks for the hint Z3nn but I didn’t fount way to see the contents of k**x file without extracting it and cracking its pw.

I dropped you a message :stuck_out_tongue: hope it helps… regarding what you said here, maybe that’s part of the whole process :smiley:

Amazing i learn a lot!

Really cool challenge, I liked it alot! :slight_smile:

Great-Great-Great-Great-Great… Challenge!!! :slight_smile:

:blush: great and intresting one XP…
feel free to pm me…

tnx @artikrh for this kinda challange it was great… <3

It was fun, thanks to @artikrh for this challenge

Really enjoy with this challenge. thanks @artikrh for this amazing challenge… Got it feel free to PM me