Markdown not working

Are other people having issues getting the mark down to work? I used to be able to mark up code with: For a block of text and this for inline code examples. It seems to have broken, but it’s working for other people. Any ideas or am I just going to have to speak to the helpdesk? Am I doing something wrong? Have I inadvertently changed something?

test code

seems to be broken

Well at least it isnt just me.

“Pal!” does signature count as post ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)

Did you get the markdown to work by putting it in your signature? Its not working in my sig (notice the bit below shows * rather than font change)

@TazWake man i think you need to get that trailing asterisk hugging that period i.e. no space in between

Nicely spotted - thanks @bitn4b

Has anyone checked with HTB on discord? I am away from my normal PC this month and dont have creds to log in there.

Anyone know if there have been any updates on this? It looks like markdown is still working for some posts but I cant work out why.

** bold **

Type your comment> @TazWake said: > Anyone know if there have been any updates on this? It looks like markdown is still working for some posts but I cant work out why. I think the forum is supposed to die. The action is over at discord. I tried a few md formats but it doesn’t seem work.

Yeah, I get the feeling this is on the way out - which is a shame. I am not a fan of discord - it tends to be too chaotic / noisy with greater expectation of rapid answers than here. However, not my call and if people prefer discord, good on them.

Type your comment> @TazWake said: > Yeah, I get the feeling this is on the way out - which is a shame. I am not a fan of discord - it tends to be too chaotic / noisy with greater expectation of rapid answers than here. > > However, not my call and if people prefer discord, good on them. On discord, you get a quick nudge if you are in a “hurry”. I liked the forum as it forced me to think over a reply sometimes a day or more. On discord, it’s very fast. If you hunt for points, it’s the way. I’m out.

@k4wld said: > On discord, you get a quick nudge if you are in a “hurry”. I liked the forum as it forced me to think over a reply sometimes a day or more. On discord, it’s very fast. If you hunt for points, it’s the way. I’m out. Kind of agree. I prefer having this structure - I have a discord account but I don’t think I’ve used it in about a year… I don’t see that changing :lol: