Lame write-up by Arrexel

Hey! I am not getting any results by the Nmap command. It says that the host is down, if it is up then use -Pn. I used that too but not getting anything. I am doing this for the first time. Do we have to use any VPN (from Access tab of HTB) to do this? I am on a Wi-Fi.

Are you able to reach other IPs? If not, then vpn issue. Are you vip member?
Reset the box and try…

I am able to reach any IPs outside HTB by nmap. When I try to probe any IP inside HTB retired machines, it fails.
I just straightaway started firing nmap on 10.10.10.3 from my terminal. I am playing as an individual and not a participant of any lab. Is there some pre-configuration that I need to do in HTB or my local machine?

I just straightaway started firing nmap on 10.10.10.3 from my terminal. I am playing as an individual and not a participant of any lab. Is there some pre-configuration that I need to do in HTB or my local machine?

Type your comment> @Nofix said:

You could also use RCE on port 3632 and get a user this way. I did privesc with firefart but I’m sure there are many other ways to get root.

I used also MSF exploit for port 3632, later I used nmap --interactive

Type your comment> @azasdf74M said:

Type your comment> @Nofix said:

You could also use RCE on port 3632 and get a user this way. I did privesc with firefart but I’m sure there are many other ways to get root.

I used also MSF exploit for port 3632, later I used nmap --interactive

I used an nmap script for RCE and then uploaded a shell via wget RCE and spotted the nmap issue right away.