Json

Type your comment> @zelensky said:

Type your comment> @Isyber said:

anyone used ys******l on kali, if you managed a way to do that on kali please PM me

Same here! I am looking for a way to construct the payload without resorting to setting up a Windows VM (is compilation required too?). Please PM if anyone knows how to do it in kali.

Hello,

Yes , it’s possible using wine and installing mono in wine as described below:

You must do the installation on GUI , so don’t try it in console :slight_smile:

Read carefully , you don’t need to install mono using apt install

HTH

Hello im have problem with get shell, server get from my server files and in next step i can’t run it on the server. Anyone has any tips to get shell? Im talking about user part.

Hi, just like to get some help with initial payload for JSON, i am able to ping back, so I know that works, however not able to execute other commands which I can do locally. PM please

Type your comment> @moultoj12 said:

Able to use ys*******.n** to get ping to work but not getting any joy from next efforts to move a useful file over and execute for a shell. Have tracked with tcpd*** but not seeing anything to help me. Would appreciate a nudge if anyone is willing to offer one.

Edit: Finally got user. I needed a nudge on syntax with ys*******.n** and got it sorted. Onto some digging into the server now that I have a shell.

Would anyone be available to assist me
Using the potatoes, I was able to grant myself group memberships but I am unable to get a reverse shell.
I’ve validated with a few folks and what I am doing should work… I’m baffled

Type your comment> @GregAxi said:

Hi, just like to get some help with initial payload for JSON, i am able to ping back, so I know that works, however not able to execute other commands which I can do locally. PM please

When you create payload you must pay attention to quotation marks and escaping it. Im have some problem and resolve it by escaping.

Type your comment> @Suzuya said:

can someone help me?

i use ys*********.jar… pls mesage for help.

You must use ys*******.**t. This one is correct for the technology of this application.

Wow very interesting machine. Really want to learn why the whole foothold works, I understand it vaguely but really don’t get why it works. Great system to practice for my AWAE test coming up! Privesc was great too!

meterpreter > getuid
Server username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
meterpreter > sysinfo
Computer        : JSON

someone use JUICE? I always get COM → recv failed with error: 10038.

Another great journey with Windows machine.

Type your comment> @antim4g3 said:

I get it too. I wonder if it’s not the fault “OS Version: 6.3.9600 N/A Build 9600”

Type your comment> @antim4g3 said:

You must get good CLSID to use juice

@m4ng0n3l said:
Wow very interesting machine. Really want to learn why the whole foothold works, I understand it vaguely but really don’t get why it works. Great system to practice for my AWAE test coming up! Privesc was great too!

Send me a PM with which bit exactly you didn’t understand and I’ll try explain

EDIT: Ended up writing a pretty comprehensive explanation of exactly how the y******.**t part of this box works to send to @m4ng0n3l and had to put it on dropbox because HTB banned me for 15 mins when I tried to send it to him directly for some reason lol so if anyone else wants a copy of that (only AFTER you’ve got the user flag and just want to understand how/why it worked) then drop me a PM and I’ll send it over.

could I use a nudge on initial foothold. managed to get ping back to my machine but no other payload i tried works

Got this one, after spending a day to set up the Visual Studio on a windows VM. Pure guess work that the B… header would de… Getting root was relatively easy with a spud.

Type your comment> @pstvt said:

could I use a nudge on initial foothold. managed to get ping back to my machine but no other payload i tried works

Do you escape characters in payload ?

just rooted, i learned a lot of things gg

It is easy if u know the methods , but hard for me cuz i am noob

took me 3 days to own root

Forums nudges are more than enough to own the box, have fun !

special thanks to @Schecken @icoNic @VsamlAmV for explanations

Hack The Box

Nice box ! mp me for help

Could someone help me out with the initial access of this machine. Stuck at a dead end, and would really appreciate it.

been working at this machine for about half of the day now… can someone pm me and let me know what i’m doing wrong? I have an OAuth token, but can’t figure out what i need next for user