Hint for Sunday

@cyc0rpion

Try again!

hello, what program can i use for crack password rpcbind? need write myself script for it? i dont find in hydra, medusa and ncrack for this service

@dshulman said:
hello, what program can i use for crack password rpcbind? need write myself script for it? i dont find in hydra, medusa and ncrack for this service

i believe you must invest your time elsewhere
find some other service maybe

im struggling with this one. I found the two services but all I’ve managed to do is get a single username.

Can someone PM me/can I PM someone about how to get an initial foothold/where i can read up on how to do this?

Any hints on root.txt would be much appreciated. Went on a rabbit hole for a while.

Enjoyed this box :-). Learnt that you have to be very thorough ;).

TIps:

1.) Don’t over complicate things and go running various exploits. This is a simple box.
2.) When you are on the system, make sure you are thorough. A privilege escalation checklist can help you with this.

Hello. Can anyone help me with privesc? PM please.

Hello. Can anyone help me with an initial foothold. I have found some open Ports (more than two) and I m on the machine but I don t know. I look in a rabbit hole for a while. PM please. Thanks

First step to get user.txt is: enumerate manually. If you cannot get anything, enumerate more. You’ll know when you’re on the good road.

@ompamo said:

@0verfl00w said:
I am on a VIP server and this box is useless, it keeps crashing. Can’t even enumerate. I have a list of users and a list of possible passwords, but I am unable to try them.
Is somebody constantly effing it up or is this some design flaw?

I had the same problems you have, but I think it’s something with the box on VIP servers. I had problems even when there aren’t any users connected to the server. I recommend you to switch to free server to enum and solve the box, it’s what I had to do.

same here, eventually need to switch to free VPN to continue the work, wonder why HTB never look into this and get it fixed…

help with priv esc please. PM me

@0rd1nary said:

@ompamo said:

@0verfl00w said:
I am on a VIP server and this box is useless, it keeps crashing. Can’t even enumerate. I have a list of users and a list of possible passwords, but I am unable to try them.

I had the same problems you have, but I think it’s something with the box on VIP servers. I had problems even when there aren’t any users connected to the server. I recommend you to switch to free server to enum and solve the box, it’s what I had to do.

same here, eventually need to switch to free VPN to continue the work, wonder why HTB never look into this and get it fixed…

Me too. I’m gonna switch to free server … On my VIP lab, the server shows open ports that are not open, and vice-versa. Even performing different scans reports different sort of open ports (except for the “two” obvious services).

Please help. I’m already inside the box but I can’t find user.txt. Any hints please pm

@socialkas said:

@0rd1nary said:

@ompamo said:

@0verfl00w said:

Me too. I’m gonna switch to free server … On my VIP lab, the server shows open ports that are not open, and vice-versa. Even performing different scans reports different sort of open ports (except for the “two” obvious services).

This is happening to the free server also. Each scan may show different services except 2-3 standard ones

Hi guyys, i have found the 3rd port that is above the normal 2 ports, but the service seems to be very new for me. Any nudge on getting the initial foothold is really helpful. Have been hitting google and search for 3 hours now.

@securityprince said:
Hi guyys, i have found the 3rd port that is above the normal 2 ports, but the service seems to be very new for me. Any nudge on getting the initial foothold is really helpful. Have been hitting google and search for 3 hours now.

I have also found a 4th port open on the machine, but cant seem to find a way around it

@securityprince said:

@securityprince said:

I have also found a 4th port open on the machine, but cant seem to find a way around it

Think about scriptkiddies and try anything you have.

Okay, definitively no exploits needed for this box. Just a lot of patience, moreover because a bunch of brutes were messing around with some important files all the time. There is no need to be that annoyingly destructive, for God’s sake! Think before overwriting files, and if you need to overwrite, there’s no need to destroy everything.

A total waste of time.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

help with user priv esc please. PM me