Heist

Spoiler Removed

Getting some much needed Windows practice in. I have 2.5 decrypted creds, trying to figure out how to try them against the various ports.

Edit: Got user.

Rooted! Nice box for playing during weekend. Thanks MinatoTW, learned interesting priv esc method.

Can someone pls dm me on these initial creds? I’ve been staring at this c****g.t** for three hours and have gotten absolutely nowhere!

Type your comment> @G0LD3NG00S3 said:

Can someone pls dm me on these initial creds? I’ve been staring at this c****g.t** for three hours and have gotten absolutely nowhere!

Just try to find the Cisco Type 5 password and Type 7 decryption using the python.
(use Rocky Dictionary for one creds others use default)

Type your comment> @nkl06 said:

Just try to find the Cisco Type 5 password and Type 7 decryption using the python.

Thanks a ton!!

Hey guys, so I dumped the process from i***x then I searched the dump, but I couldn’t find anything…I think I’m searching with the wrong pattern, could someone give me a nudge? Thanks

Edit: Rooted found the correct thing to search

Type your comment> @MacCauley said:

I got the 3 users and passwords, now what? Can someone PM me?

enum login enum login enum login

Rooted
have a question.
could someone explain how should i have known the process was privileged?
i just guessed which one by reading the forum…

@MinatoTW, thanks for the box! Should we expect more chats+creds combos in future boxes? =)

Anyone care to give a nudge on root for a *nix person. Used to handling full d**s on a highly combustible environment on *nix, but not without a valid profile.

and nvm. was overcomplicating things.
and got the root.

aargh, I can’t get smbclient to work, have googled through the entire internet twice at least…

smbclient -L \I*** -I 10.10.10.149 -U ****** -d3
or
smbclient -L \heist.htb\I*** -U ****** -d3

tell me that smbclient is trying to connect to port 139, which is not open according to my scan results, besides > failed to connect with smb1 – no workgroup available < seems to be all over the forums struggeling with smb.

I struggled with this box but I loved it in the end, learning new valuable stuff.

Hint for root : Check the running processes, and dig deeper.

Type your comment> @gorg said:

aargh, I can’t get smbclient to work, have googled through the entire internet twice at least…

smbclient -L \I*** -I 10.10.10.149 -U ****** -d3
or
smbclient -L \heist.htb\I*** -U ****** -d3

tell me that smbclient is trying to connect to port 139, which is not open according to my scan results, besides > failed to connect with smb1 – no workgroup available < seems to be all over the forums struggeling with smb.

Try smbclient -L user -I 10.10.10.149 -U user

@twypsy said:
Try smbclient -L user -I 10.10.10.149 -U user

thx, but didn’t work, there might be a misconfiguration of my client somewhere…

Reconnecting with SMB1 for workgroup listing.
do_connect: Connection to 10.10.10.149 failed (Error NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT)
Failed to connect with SMB1 – no workgroup available

… supposely in my kali-vm’s /etc/samba/smb.conf - at least google has been telling me a

client max protocol = NT1

under [global] might help, but it doesn’t. I am new to this samba stuff and most of the time the internet says samba is a piece of software coming straight out of ■■■■.

But I will try harder. :wink:

Can somebody PM me regarding hints for Priv Esc? Thank you!

Type your comment> @nkl06 said:

@nkl06 said:

@nkl06 Thank you, best hint so far… I was thinking that file had some useful information, but was stuck trying to figure out encoding.

Can someone PM me a hint on what to do with the pw’s from the txt file ?? the login page requires an email as username, so I’m guessing they aren’t used there… help?!

Hi,

Just started poking around to get root on the machine, and 10 minutes later, no more files on the Documents folder, and maximum amount of resets reached…

EDIT:

Okay, they are in another folder now … My bad!

Rooted!
First experience! Really fun and challenging!
Thank you all also for your help!

Got User. struck on Root

After a LOT of doing the wrong things i finally got it! Had great fun, and learned a ton!