Fatty

Hey guys.

I started this box a quite weeks ago, yet I can’t get a strong foothold here.

I can login to the server using the client software just be re routing the connection using "simplep**“y”. But I came to know, I need to patch/debug the file to go further.

I’m not very good at Java. But i decide to do this box at any cost.

I tried eclipse, intellij and imported the jar file and then modified and then repacked. Unfortunately, it didn’t worked. No popup indeed.

I tried manually with jar tool. No improvement. If anyone guide me to an article which you referred while patching. It will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Got Root ! Awesome box, even if I hate working on Ecl**se.

PM me for nudges :slight_smile:

took a long break after getting user to come back and finally got root. Really enjoyed the user path as it was very developer orientated. Root was a different story and a bit too ‘blind’ which was very frustrating.

respect to @HomeSen and @sloth1985 for nudges at the end!

Error: Could not find or load main class htb.fatty.client.run.Starter
Please help me with this

Even if is succeed to recompile the source code from the file. When i try to launch the application, it’s working but when i try to connect to the server, no popup for succeeding or falling to connect (yet it’s the same code as the original but just recompiled).

I’m completely out of ideas, i tried bunch and bunch of things for a week, but without luck.

Edit: Found the problem.

Rooted ! Need hints ? Pm me

Arrexel

First tell me your problem and if you like my help give +1

Question can anyone guide or give me a hint on this box I found the user and pass but cant seem to know what to do because I know that the folder needs to be assembled but don’t know what file goes where thanks in advance and delete if not allowed on a side note “I am a newbie” thanks in advance

Type your comment> @Jeff1984 said:

Question can anyone guide or give me a hint on this box I found the user and pass but cant seem to know what to do because I know that the folder needs to be assembled but don’t know what file goes where thanks in advance and delete if not allowed on a side note “I am a newbie” thanks in advance

It all take pure Java knowledge to get initial foothold. Unless you have good InfoSec background, I recommend you to start with easy - medium - hard machines then you can tackle Insane one. Don’t take it as discouragement. I’m saying this because I’m also newbie here.

@Jeff1984 said:

I’d second what @gunroot has said here. This is a very, very challenging box. If you are a newbie you have almost no chance and will just be frustrated asking for help every step of the way.

Also, this box retires on Saturday. That means in 48 hours you can see the write ups if you really want to attack this box.

As a rule of thumb (and this really does vary), the Insane boxes on HTB require a lot of code modification to complete. If you arent comfortable decompiling and reversing the thing you have here, this box isn’t for you in the time you have left.