Dictionary attack

Help me please i don’t understand how to make a wordlist for brutforce attack. Every time I am failed. ???

Type your comment> @SAXENA24 said:

Help me please i don’t understand how to make a wordlist for brutforce attack. Every time I am failed. ???

What are you trying to brute force? There are some wordlists already installed on kali and other distros as well for common wordlists. If you are looking to make your own it depends on what you are trying to base your wordlist off of.

I was trying to brute force resolute but failed help me please.

@SAXENA24 said:

I was trying to brute force resolute but failed help me please.
So it kind of depends on what “failed” means here. Did it fail to get through or did the wordlist fail to be generated?

In general you shouldn’t need to make massive brute force lists to attack boxes on HTB, but you often have to do something along these lines.

Resolute is a retired box so spoilers are less of an issue - and there are walkthroughs if you want them.

However, I am not sure where you are tying to brute force. If you are trying to use CME to get the first user account, you should know the password and there are a couple of ways you can create a list of users. For example:

1. In MSF use auxiliary/scanner/smb/smb_enumusers
  2. RPCclient rpcclient -U "" -N 10.10.10.169 then enumdomusers