Dante Discussion

Any hint for nix03, just a nudge in right direction needed :slight_smile:

Hello guys,

I have stuck at .102 for many days. I know the exploit path to Admin. But I cannot get it to work. I know antivirus is there… I need a little hint on this. thanks

Hey all wondering if a can get a pm
hint on priv esc for the inital box, I’m jammed up. Much appreciated.

I’m having trouble getting a foothold on the .100 machine, I found a ‘note’ with things that appear like entry points but I haven’t been able to exploit any of them. I’m currently doing a brute force on the J**** user who supposedly has a weak password but that hasn’t turned up fruitful (yet – its still running but I’m starting to think this isn’t the solution). I’ve tried to poke around the given DANTE-WEB-NIX01 hostname and did an nmap on it, but I haven’t found any use for its open port yet. All I have at this point is the 2 servers (.100, DANTE-WEB-NIX01), I found the ‘note’, I’ve tried LFI in a few places but to no avail, and I’m not sure what to do with the rest of the info in the ‘note’ at this stage. I see some poeple talking about a .swp file but I’m not sure where that comes from/what I can do with it. Can anyone nudge me in the right direction, or even more helpfully DM me so I can speak more freely.

I just completed WEB.NIX01 but I wasn’t able to figure out the method the intended way wanted. I found the intended way and poked at it for a long while but gave up. If anyone could give me a tip or two that may indicate what I was doing wrong I’d appreciate it.