Pretty cool box. Sort of real world-like.
My advice for anyone.
- Took me ages to figure everything out. The hints in this thread give you everything you need. However, some python know how will be required to make sense of everything you need. “Look into the past to see how things have changed”
- The damn RCE just didn’t want to work for me and boy did i try hard to get it. Syntax is super important here, confirm you can run any code at all first and remember to try multiple reverse shells.
- Once in, this was annoying, i knew which queries i needed to run to get the info i wanted, but spent waaay too much time trying to edit stuff within the “jail”. For anyone that went through the same thing i did… wouldn’t it be easier to create files elsewhere and somehow retrieve them and then execute?
- Similar to foothold type enumeration. You’ll know what i’m talking about when you see it.
- Wasted my time doing typical priv esc stuff when the answer was right there… However, i learned some new stuff around those pesky t***** and how they apply to hosts.
All in all, an awesome experience.
Happy for PMs if anyone else is stuck. Happy holidays all!