Celestial hint

Problems getting foothold, someone PM me a hint please

Hey everybody, I spent the last 2-3 days trying to make the privilege escalation, but with no success. After reading all the hints here I feel even more confused. Would be nice if someone has time to go through the things I have tried and give me a small push. PM if you can help :slight_smile: thanks ^^

EDIT: rmx gave me a hint and trying to complete that machine now :slight_smile:

Got root, but by accident. Have a question if anyone is avail for pm

@darkoria said:
Got root, but by accident. Have a question if anyone is avail for pm

You can PM me if you want and I can help you with whatever you need.

@Chikone said:
Hey everybody, I spent the last 2-3 days trying to make the privilege escalation, but with no success. After reading all the hints here I feel even more confused. Would be nice if someone has time to go through the things I have tried and give me a small push. PM if you can help :slight_smile: thanks ^^

Same goes for you.

You can PM me if you want and I can help you with whatever you need

Who the ■■■■ keeps crashing the server?

@Chikone said:

Totally agree some hints made it more complicated, juts give attention to any details when you are listing files in any directory.

Is it ok if I can PM someone? I think i’m literally on the very last bit but can’t see to figure out which ‘command’ to ‘use’ to obtain the root.txt.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it =D

I have root on this box, if I wouldn’t mind PMing somebody about it as I suspect I made it much much harder that it was supposed to be. I was unable to get a more convenient way to interact with the box rather then initial foothold you get, so wrote a fair old bit of scripting to make the investigation needed to get from user to root possible. I strongly suspect there were a few off-the-shelf ways of doing it, so I’m keen to know what I missed.

i know the exploit to follow ad i did that exactly but not getting a shell back. Can anyone help me. What i observed that that the message on page changes before and after exploit. Can anyone help me?

This box is very unstable. Box is going down every 3 minutes. i got user shell somehow. stuck in privsec.

@IROverRated said:
Is it ok if I can PM someone? I think i’m literally on the very last bit but can’t see to figure out which ‘command’ to ‘use’ to obtain the root.txt.

I am at the same spot. Can see the privesc method, but cannot figure out the changes I need to make. Any small shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

@dneyed said:

@IROverRated said:

I am at the same spot. Can see the privesc method, but cannot figure out the changes I need to make. Any small shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

NO over thinking needed for this one. Just need to connect the dots … only two dots.

Seems I’m too dumb for the privesc. Anyone willing to PM me with a little help?

HI guys, any hint related to the response message “An error occurred…invalid username type”

I would really appreciate it.

When i try the known exploit i keep getting Invalid username.
Is there some modification needed to that exploit or am i doing something wrong.

I got root and I have no idea how I did it… I thought it is not possible, a bit strange feeling ^o

Invalid username was a silly error , once i noticed it user was done
The priv esc part is pretty easy follows the same methodology as a few other machines .
Anyone still stuck can pm me i can try to help.

Can someone please DM me? I got user and a shell but now I am working on root. I figure out how to get the 1 + 1 root part but try to append. Hoping this doesn’t give much.

Keep getting invalid username :confused: any help on that?