Cache

Oh ■■■■, everyone just doesn’t go to the way back machine and search for cache.htb, no one will want to see those stuff.

I’m on EU free 1, It is giving me a login page before, but now it gives me “Check that mysqld is running.” instead, is it my problem, or is it intended? or anyone of you has this problem too?

Type your comment> @Kaiziron said:

I’m on EU free 1, It is giving me a login page before, but now it gives me “Check that mysqld is running.” instead, is it my problem, or is it intended? or anyone of you has this problem too?

No it is not intended. People are f**kin this machine with slegdehammers. I cannot receive a shell due to this problem.

Annoying when people turn services off. A certain portal that was just online has now been turned off.

I am on the box as a*** struggling to find path to L****.

Is Bruteforcing need for auth of H**?

No, just good enumeration and reading up on applicable POCs to manually perform.

it was very fun. thanks @ASHacker

Rooted! Really nice and fun machine!
Initial foothold: Always read some info about the author. It might hosts something interesting.
To User: You need multiple chained vulnerabilities to get that searchploit to work. Then remember all the basic enumeration.
Lateral movement: Check who listens
Root: What are you part of? Then gtfo

Nice box, learned a few tricks. Thanks @ASHacker! And @su1tan for the nudge :wink:

Tips

Foothold: Check every pages, it will give you the information you need to progress.

User: You will have to link multiple vulns and look back at your beginning to land the right shell.

Root: Check for services listening ports and use that to pivot, and then you will quickly find what you need to exploit :wink:

Good luck everyone!

rooted!!
Thanks for creating a nice box @ASHacker

Rooted! A very interesting box for me :slight_smile:
Hints:

Foothold- Try to understand what the CEO of Cache wants to say :wink: You may fall into a rabbit hole at first as i did. But the info from rabbit hole could be useful for the future. Make notes :slight_smile:

User- Whatever you’ve got in foothold, try to find its vulnerabilities and carefully understand the exploit and see what it’s doing. You may have to chain up different vulnerabilities :smiley:

Root- See what different things like to listen and after that f3tch what you are looking for. Then you may have to dive deep in the ocean for root :wink:

Guys someone playing with hashes?, I get both user and root hash says “Incorrect hash for Cache” ??? W***???, after all this hard work!!!,

Edit:

Resetting and redoing got me the working flag, I believe there is an issue in flag rotation. I saw a couple of members complained the same earlier. @ASHacker thanks for making a good learning machine. Enjoyed it :).

So, found some credentials, but they don’t work for the H** part. Found a boatload of vulns for that service, but always getting an error about something missing, when I bypass authentication (and try to access any of the vulnerable pages).
Anyone willing to shed some light on what I’m missing here?

Got root! great box @ASHacker I learned alot.

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @iamdevill said:

I am Stuck at n**.h**** page. Does it have to do something with the image? Please help…

its a rabbit hole

is sh**l.p** intended?

I’ve rooted the box without referring to gtfobins, so I am not sure why people keep saying that.

Or maybe I’ve rooted the box with the unintended way.

Happy to discuss.

You can do it gftobins way or not, either way it both relate to the same binary.