Bastion

Type your comment> @MactheDice said:

In Bastion, I mounted the vhd and perused the directories. Did not find user.txt anywhere. Then I got the hashes from the SAM. Was able to crack the hash. Cannot figure out where to go from there. Can someone PM me to give a nudge.

what other ports are opened on the server? Perhaps one of them could be used for a remote connection… If that won’t work for you, PM me …

Type your comment> @pkaiser said:

In Bastion, I mounted the vhd and perused the directories. Did not find user.txt anywhere. Then I got the hashes from the SAM. Was able to crack the hash. Cannot figure out where to go from there. Can someone PM me to give a nudge.

what other ports are opened on the server? Perhaps one of them could be used for a remote connection… If that won’t work for you, PM me …

Thnx. Feel like a tard now lol. Forgot to recheck my scanned ports.

Would anyone that was able to get root without windows mind DM’ing me for hints? I do not possess any window instances and all i’m seeing in the forum is that should be the path we take. I’ve found a few tools that are supposed to work but sadly i cannot get any of them to work correctly.

I am on the second to last step in Kali where I am attempting to decrypt the hash from n******G. Tried a script but keeps failing due to a REXML parsing error. Can someone PM me to let me know if I am heading in the right direction or not.

I am on the second to last step in Kali where I am attempting to decrypt the hash from n******G. Tried a script but keeps failing due to a REXML parsing error. Can someone PM me to let me know if I am heading in the right direction or not.
I’m having a similar issue to this as well.

Just rooted. Thank you @L4mpje. I learned a lot :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @N1dhu9 said:

I went almost straight to user and now quite stuck on root. I have something that looks really promising, I just can’t get it right!

Anyone willing to help, please PM me.

Finally got root thanks to @zauxzaux and @kilo5150. I tried to decrypt, but had to bring out the big guns - anyone who managed to do root on pure Kali/Linux are more than welcome to PM me for a hint …

I really liked this box!!! I hope to see more like this one, I learned quite a bit!

get r00t nice box and very easy PM in case you need some help :wink:

I am not very sure what is happening, but like I am not able to mount smb share

I tried UI option and mount command. Stuck at something so simple…

mount -t ntfs 10.10.10.134:/Backups /mountpath
mount 10.10.10.134:/Backups /mountpath

nothin happening.

if anyone know how to read files without downloading vhd files then please pm me im stuck here

Type your comment> @benseshi said:

if anyone know how to read files without downloading vhd files then please pm me im stuck here

Find my comment on Page 6 of this forum :wink: It tells you exactly what needs to be done. If you are still not sure, PM me…

Nice Windows box. As others have said, most of it can be done from Linux, but I did need to hop to a Windows VM to get root.

@k3NETicHEx said:
Would anyone that was able to get root without windows mind DM’ing me for hints? I do not possess any window instances and all i’m seeing in the forum is that should be the path we take. I’ve found a few tools that are supposed to work but sadly i cannot get any of them to work correctly.

You’ll probably have to get a Windows VM set up. You can get one free from Microsoft itself, have a look at https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/get-a-windows-10-vm-image-for-virtualbox-and-vmware/ .

hi, the connection seems very poor. I cant mount the .vhd, as my command returns: “Device or resource busy”… any hints?

User wasn’t too bad, definitely required some thinking about what juicy items you’d be looking for on the special files you find.

Root is proving much more difficult, I see an exploit for the app you find once you get ssh creds but I’m having no luck getting a meterpreter shell working to use it. Can someone let me know if that was how you did it, and maybe which shell you chose to get a valid session? Thanks!

Hi guys, I’m stuck on root, I got the cC*. x** file, not sure how to decrypt or get root from this? Tried an old ruby script, didn’t work even with some tweaks etc. Help would be really appreciated!

@lionelc said:

hi, the connection seems very poor. I cant mount the .vhd, as my command returns: “Device or resource busy”… any hints?

Try to unmount this and mount once again. I had that trouble also, but decided to restart my machine and got rid of this.
If anyone has a problem with mounting file, try tool v*dimount (I hope it’s not much a spoiler).

@cyph3x said:
Hi guys, I’m stuck on root, I got the cC*. x** file, not sure how to decrypt or get root from this? Tried an old ruby script, didn’t work even with some tweaks etc. Help would be really appreciated!

Also stuck here - tried this offline tool and manual way that was described somewhere on someone’s blog, but it’s giving me some weird code - surely it’s not a password. Any nudge would be appreciated.

my advice :slight_smile: don’t really need to M*** V** just open it with 7** for example :slight_smile:
for user :slight_smile: don’t search into B*** searh how to lo**on
Root google is your best friend

Type your comment> @1c4re1337 said:

my advice :slight_smile: don’t really need to M*** V** just open it with 7** for example :slight_smile:
for user :slight_smile: don’t search into B*** searh how to lo**on
Root google is your best friend
For root are we supposed to actualy decrypt the pw? My Windows box with a newer version of the program doesn’t recognize the pw?