Access

@ptesting said:

@SSJ26 said:
Which program did you use to open *.mdb file? Can anyone help? I am using Parrot OS
Edit: NVM, I got it

mdb-e****t ***.mdb

which table i need to look in ?

@jagsinde said:

@ptesting said:

@SSJ26 said:
Which program did you use to open *.mdb file? Can anyone help? I am using Parrot OS
Edit: NVM, I got it

mdb-e****t ***.mdb

which table i need to look in ?

Got it. Not sure how i missed it…:frowning:

Finally rooted. Big thank you to @MarcusYallow for the nudge and guidance!

Looking for a little nudge on what to do tnext. I have user. I am thinking /r**** with /s********* is the right way to go. I see the creds saved using /list. I have tried to send outputs to a text file. Just not getting anywere. Feel free to PM

I can’t get away with privesc to get the root.txt. I try so much thing with runas copy the file, let the permissions, create a reverse shell. Nothing work.
Someone can please pm me for a hint ?
EDIT : Got root 30min after … I don’t know why that work but that work ! That was on what I said before

I can see three usernames and password. However, none are working. Can anyone give a nudge in right direction?

This is my first attept at a box. So I realize I sound like many other n00bs, but I have tried a lot of options to get root, but nothing seems to work. I tried a lot of variations of the r***s command, but I’m practically pounding my head on my PC at this point. Would love to chat with someone about this. I’m not looking for an answer, but hopefully someone who can hear what I’ve done so far and possibly provide a friendly nudge in the right direction. TIA

@7h3Wra17h said:
I can see three usernames and password. However, none are working. Can anyone give a nudge in right direction?

What are you going for? User or root?

@d3v1ant said:

@7h3Wra17h said:

User.

rooted anyone need help pm me.

@7h3Wra17h said:

@d3v1ant said:

@7h3Wra17h said:

User.

Sounds like you were able to crack the zip since you know some usernames and passwords. Maybe there’s another file you could look at? Do a search on the file extensions you have access to and see what else you can look at…

Finally rooted. Thanks @egre55 for the excellent box - my Windows-Fu sucks, and boxes like this make the learning experience fun!

Hi, im struggling with rooting this machine, I know that I should get to admin with r***s but every time i try it ask me for admin password. Is there any way to baypass it?

I was struggling with this the longest time… i kept getting a weird file not found error when i was trying that r***s command… i googled the error and found a SuperUser thread that explained why that was the case! :slight_smile: PM me if you want that link!

@pp123 Thanks for your great help! Great experience on Windows box!

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction in gaining privilege escalation? I’ve been working on this box for about two weeks now. I’ve been trying to find a foothold but everything I try from starting a new task for batch processing, injecting dlls into directories, pretty much a lot of downloading ■■■■ to disk and reading info online about windows privesc…yet, no bueno… I’m looking to get schooled, pls drop a gem or two for a noob please :wink:

Looking for a nudge in the right direction, basically I got user and I’m catching the hint that I need to use the r***s command but I’m a little lost as to what exactly I’m supposed to run to PE

Hey all, been banging my head against this one for last couple of days.
Got user easily, stuck on root.
RA cmd executes ok, just stuck on what to execute
tried loads of angles
copy root.txt to somewhere else. works but access denied to new file
pipe it somewhere
copy type more all not working
i feel its right infront of me …
anyone PM me a hint ?

uhmm. am i allowed to ask? cough been stuck for 3 days now. cough this is my first testbox. and didn’t even know that there was a forum for htb (lol. sorry i was so excited on playing with the box). ive done downloading the compressed file, the database file … i even downloaded the image in the landing page. so far what ive done is i took a peek on what’s inside the compressed file and it seems like a mailbox file and password protected. also i have converted the database file to sql just to play with it easier. so i copied everything related to “password” and put it in a wordlist file. tried to bruteforce the t***** and f** but no luck. also done extracting texts on file and put it in a file to bruteforce the compressed file and no luck. can someone give me a nudge please? TIA

@Rob78632 said:
Hey all, been banging my head against this one for last couple of days.
Got user easily, stuck on root.
RA cmd executes ok, just stuck on what to execute
tried loads of angles
copy root.txt to somewhere else. works but access denied to new file
pipe it somewhere
copy type more all not working
i feel its right infront of me …
anyone PM me a hint ?

Managed to get the cmd to work in the end

Thanks @egre55 for making my brain melt !
Great challenge, funny how its all different through a remote cmd line !