Vaccine User Flag not Accepted

I’ve been able to get the root flag on machine Vaccine.
I can find the user flag - but when I enter the data from within the user.txt it is rejected :frowning:

root@vaccine:/var/lib/postgresql# find / -name “user.txt” -print
/var/lib/postgresql/user.txt

Any help please?

Issue Closed. Response from Admin:-
"Please note that the Vaccine user flag is invalid because it was left there by accident.
We will soon be revising all Starting Point machines to take care of these inconsistencies.

As mentioned in the machine’s write-up, Vaccine only has a root flag that needs to be submitted."

Thank you very much, that helped a lot. I was facing this issues for hours now, before found that comment…

Type your comment> @IceCool said:

"Please note that the Vaccine user flag is invalid because it was left there by accident.
We will soon be revising all Starting Point machines to take care of these inconsistencies.

As mentioned in the machine’s write-up, Vaccine only has a root flag that needs to be submitted."

Thanks for the update

Type your comment> @IceCool said:

Are you sure ? This comment was quite long ago and I see, that many people’s user flag has been accepted.

Hi to all!
I got the same issue from yesterday.

When i try to validate the user flag (13xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7), the system tells me that it is wrong. can you confirm that the user flag is working?

Thank you in advance

Arthur

I got the impression that there wasn’t supposed to be a user flag for this machine. If there is one and it isn’t mentioned on the walkthrough, it will probably never get accepted.

From my point of view, if there is no flag, the file (/var/lib/postgresql/user.txt) should not be present. Why put the file if the flag is not present? Reading on the internet other people have managed to get it so I think it can be done … I ask the support to correct me if I’m wrong.

@mrarthurdent said:

From my point of view, if there is no flag, the file (/var/lib/postgresql/user.txt) should not be present. Why put the file if the flag is not present? Reading on the internet other people have managed to get it so I think it can be done … I ask the support to correct me if I’m wrong.

I agree and asking support is probably the best path. I haven’t looked at this box, I just read the first reply to this thread:

Which said Support had replied it was there by accident.

I just had this issue too. Thanks for the info.